Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vespasiano

April 15 Tea Party -- New York City

5 posts in this topic

Harry Binswanger has posted at YouTube this brief speech delivered at the New York City Tax Day Tea Party on April 15. As with any good speech, tt speaks for itself. Share it with those who would have it that these events were essentially "racist", emotionally and psychologically "unhinged", "silly", "evil", "childish", etc. (these are just some of the modifiers I've heard and read over the last few days). If you know the speaker, please let us and Dr. Binswanger know who it is. Thanks to Gus van Horn for making me aware of it.

Harry Binswanger has posted at YouTube this brief speech delivered at the New York City Tax Day Tea Party on April 15. As with any good speech, tt speaks for itself. Share it with those who would have it that these events were essentially "racist", emotionally and psychologically "unhinged", "silly", "evil", "childish", etc. (these are just some of the modifiers I've heard and read over the last few days). If you know the speaker, please let us and Dr. Binswanger know who it is. Thanks to Gus van Horn for making me aware of it.

Thanks V. That was good to hear.

The speech was good, albeit too "conservative" for me. My favorite part of the clip is when, as the speaker listed the virtues (he) associated with America's founding, when he mentioned "generosity," the crowd, which had up to that point been cheering him on, became noticeably muted and only cheered after he qualified the nature of this "generosity."

The elite is still too intellectually removed from the populace. I highly recommend a re-reading of Ayn Rand's essay The Anti-Industrial Revolution. I read it again two days ago, after several years. Like all of AR's work, it is breathtaking in its accuracy and perspicacity - and particularly relevant, I think, to this moment.

...I highly recommend a re-reading of Ayn Rand's essay The Anti-Industrial Revolution. I read it again two days ago, after several years. Like all of AR's work, it is breathtaking in its accuracy and perspicacity - and particularly relevant, I think, to this moment.

Also The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus, as another one relevant to political specifics we see more of every day.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0