Jim A.

Non-objective journalism

4 posts in this topic

I wish someone would interview Susan Roesgen of CNN, the woman who blasted Tea Party participants in her on-the-street interviews with them. As a street reporting journalist, she was obviously not being objective, since she not only interrupted her interviewees, but she injected her questions with her own views and also simply made statements expressing her views. Interviews are a part of television reporting, and she was not reporting these interviews objectively.

It would be very informative and illuminating if someone were to interview Ms. Roesgen, and let her answer freely, without criticising her. I would like someone to ask her if objective journalism is possible. "After all, you must interrupt the person you're speaking to and express your own views, without letting the other person finish. So you would never get to hear, completely, what that person believes and why. Therefore, objective journalism is impossible. Would you agree, Ms. Roesgen?"

I wonder what she'd say.

I wonder what she'd say.

You don't have to wonder. She's already said it. Actions speak louder than words.

I wish someone would interview Susan Roesgen of CNN, the woman who blasted Tea Party participants in her on-the-street interviews with them.

The interview was already done, moments after the original broadcast was recorded:

Probably many more people have seen the response, or seen the original video framed critically, than saw the original CNN broadcast.

Gone are the days when a few media outlets would determine what we see. We're all on equal footing now, and the major media can expect to be held accountable.

I agree, she should be interviewed.

Presumably after being read her rights and in the presence of an attorney!