Betsy Speicher

My Standup Comedy Debut

34 posts in this topic

I'll be making my standup comedy debut at the Hollywood Improv on Sunday, June 7th. Eventually, I want to do political and social commentary, but in this show we're all doing more personal topics. Mine is Betsy's Mid-Life Makeover ™.

If you can, come out and watch me make a fool of myself in front of my friends and family.

Judy Carter's Comedy Workshop Showcase at THE IMPROV, 7PM

Come see the next stand-up all-stars!

Host: Judy Carter's Comedy Workshops

Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009

Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Street: 8162 Melrose Avenue

City/Town: Los Angeles, CA

Phone: 310-915-0555

Email: info@comedyworkshops.com

Come out to see Judy Carter's graduating class perform their routines live for the first time!

All-Star Line-up including:

Alice Frick

Michael Bove

Ben Bloch

Susan Pailet

Brian Baldini

Jennifer A. Minette

Andrea Meyerson

Tavia Smalley

Betsy Speicher

John Kulegian

Ruvin Orbach

Hugo Martin

Shelley Ginsburg

Jeff Schadlow

$13 Cover + 2 Drink Minimum.

Tickets available at Improv.com.

FOR INDUSTRY COMPS:

INFO@COMEDYWORKSHOPS.COM

Comedy Workshops has been providing stand up comedy training for more than 20 years and has helped thousands of comics either take the stage for the first time, or hone their act to perfection.

Founded by Judy Carter, comedy veteran and author of the best selling book "The Comedy Bible,". Comedy Workshops provides studio classes in Los Angeles and Hollywood, DVD-based training, private consultations and will soon be launching Comedy Workshops Online.

Way to go, Betsy!! Have a great time.

Congratulations, Betsy. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be able to make it, but I do look forward to hearing how your debut goes.

I'll be making my standup comedy debut at the Hollywood Improv on Sunday, June 7th. Eventually, I want to do political and social commentary, but in this show we're all doing more personal topics. Mine is Betsy's Mid-Life Makeover .

If you can, come out and watch me make a fool of myself in front of my friends and family.

Judy Carter's Comedy Workshop Showcase at THE IMPROV, 7PM

Come see the next stand-up all-stars!

Host: Judy Carter's Comedy Workshops

Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009

Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Street: 8162 Melrose Avenue

City/Town: Los Angeles, CA

Phone: 310-915-0555

Email: info@comedyworkshops.com

Come out to see Judy Carter's graduating class perform their routines live for the first time!

All-Star Line-up including:

Alice Frick

Michael Bove

Ben Bloch

Susan Pailet

Brian Baldini

Jennifer A. Minette

Andrea Meyerson

Tavia Smalley

Betsy Speicher

John Kulegian

Ruvin Orbach

Hugo Martin

Shelley Ginsburg

Jeff Schadlow

$13 Cover + 2 Drink Minimum.

Tickets available at Improv.com.

FOR INDUSTRY COMPS:

INFO@COMEDYWORKSHOPS.COM

Comedy Workshops has been providing stand up comedy training for more than 20 years and has helped thousands of comics either take the stage for the first time, or hone their act to perfection.

Founded by Judy Carter, comedy veteran and author of the best selling book "The Comedy Bible,". Comedy Workshops provides studio classes in Los Angeles and Hollywood, DVD-based training, private consultations and will soon be launching Comedy Workshops Online.

Can you post a t.v. of your gig on the web.

Oh! By the Way. Break a leg.

Bob Kolker

Enjoy yourself Betsy. It is quite a challenge, and I'm confident you will have them laughing with you.

Hey, Betsy, hope you did well!

Having met you on the Arts Cruise, I would love to have seen you perform; you have a wit in the true sense of the word. Will we be able to see a video clip of your act???

I killed them!

(That's comic-talk for making them laugh. Standup is so violent!)

It was a lot of fun and having a audience made all the difference. I was a lot better in front of real people than rehearsing in front of a mirror.

They did a professional video and, if it came out OK, I'll post it on YouTube.

I killed them!

It was a lot of fun and having a audience made all the difference. I was a lot better in front of real people than rehearsing in front of a mirror.

Yay! Congratulations Betsy. I figured you'd do well. I was originally going to say "knock 'em dead," but I thought that it sounded too violent! Anyway, you killed 'em instead. :lol:

Way to go!

I killed them!

Brava!! I'd really love to see your routine, Betsy . . . let's hope that video is OK.

Good job Betsy. I want to see the video!

I've always dreamt of trying stand-up.

I killed them!

Well done, Betsy - glad you had fun and that you "killed" 'em! :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

I killed them!

Congrats, Bets.

Nice work, Betsy! I'll join the others who want to see the video. I love standup. By the way, who are your favorite comedians? I'm sure you have your personal heroes, and I'd love to know who they are.

Here's my standup comedy debut.

The topic was a class assignment, but I did write all the jokes. In the future I plan to do social and political commentary instead and to practice and improve my delivery.

I love your bit about

getting a half-assed butt job

! ;)

Nice, Betsy. You have some good jokes, which will be better when you've developed a faster delivery. The

butt, the virgin, the arm and a leg

, stand out. Good job, and thanks for the entertainment.

Well done Betsy. Picking up on what B.Royce said, think your delivery speed is fine, but the placement of the pauses can give that impression. Like anything, practice will fine tune timing. Anyway, congratulations for doing so well - it takes a lot of courage to do stand-up.