Betsy Speicher

My Standup Comedy Debut

34 posts in this topic

Enjoyed the video clip, Betsy.

Yes, with more public appearances your delivery will become faster. Anyway, what I liked most about your performance is that it had a theme (being 55 and dating again, possible youth-enhancing surgeries, etc.); most comedians these days just give a rambling, scattered presentation of jokes (usually sick, obscene or values-hating humor).

What fun, Betsy! Your performance made my morning. Like Jim A., I thought it was great to hear an integrated routine instead of the usual "hit-and-run" approach so many comics seem to rely on these days. It's also nice to hear a routine that one can relate to! ;)

That was better than I was expecting. You looked comfortable on stage considering you were doing your first routine and I genuinely laughed.

Thanks, Betsy! and Good Show! ;)

Here's my stand up comedy debut.

The topic was a class assignment, but I did write all the jokes. In the future I plan to do social and political commentary instead and to practice and improve my delivery.

Congratulations, Betsy! I think stand up comedy is the most difficult form of public speaking - and you did well. You're very courageous. Keep up the good work.

I thought it was both funny and brave. Thank you! ;)

Good job, Betsy! As others have pointed out, it takes a lot of guts to do what you did. Congratulations on a successful first routine!