Betsy Speicher

Up (2009)

Rate this Movie   13 votes

1. 1. Artistic Merit

2. 2. Sense of Life or Personal Value

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

I loved this movie so much that I saw it again the next night. Even though it's an animated feature, it deserves a Best Picture nomination. The movie is, of course, a technically amazing achievement (Pixar). But, like several Pixar movies, it is intelligent, uplifting and wildly entertaining. Run to see it.

I loved it as well. My eyes got watery more than once. Amazingly positive and uplifting.

I loved it as well. My eyes got watery more than once. Amazingly positive and uplifting.

Potential spoilers!!

Are you kidding me!? It seemed like every time I turned around I was crying! ;) But, in a good way; to me this movie was all about how he got over his wife's death and how that itself was an adventure, just like everything else he did in his life was really an adventure. It left me feeling very full but in a very bittersweet way as his wife does die. Yet, it had such an incredibly strong benevolent universe premise that I'd make it the best movie I've seen so far this year on that alone.

--CONTAINS SPOILERS--

I was a little disappointed by this movie. I was hoping for more belly laughs, like I got from A Bug's Life. Also, it bothered me that the villain--Muntz--was yet another scientific/technological genius; I'm very tired of that mind/body dichotomy in films.

I did like the dog, though: "Squirrel!!", "I do not like the Cone of Shame".