Thales

Letter to My Senators and Rep on Health Care

32 posts in this topic

Here is the letter I sent to my two U.S. Senators and Congressional Representative for Missouri on the issue of health care and individual rights. I mailed this U.S. mail, since mailing in letters is supposed to have more impact than emailing. This filled out exactly one 8x11 inch sheet of paper.

I did name the person specifically sent to in each case to make sure it was somewhat personal.

Dear Sir,

Regarding health care, America was founded on the ideal that men have inalienable rights. Each individual has the right to his life, his liberty, the fruits of his labors and the pursuit of his happiness. It is this Lockean concept of individual rights that allows men to be free. When I am left free and can live my life for my own sake in pursuit of my own happiness without coercion from the government or other individuals I can prosper and make myself happy. I own my life and I want to live. This is the moral foundation of America. Individuals are valued absolutely above government.

Individual rights are the moral idea that made America great. They are the essence of what America is and they are what allowed each individual man to follow his own dreams. The result was the freest, most prosperous, most moral society in history.

We are losing those freedoms as government encroaches further and further into our inalienable rights.

Socialized medicine will result in a huge reduction in those liberties in a vital area of our lives. It will necessarily worsen the quality of care, result in the stagnation of progress and in rationing, and there will not be universal coverage, as proven by places like Canada, where care is slow, sub-par, and often not possible to get, because of the massive obstacles. Survival becomes much more difficult.

When men claim the right to the efforts of others, such as medical care, then they are claiming the right to enslave others, which contradicts the ideal of rights and is immoral. Men are supposed to be left free, not forced to do another’s bidding.

However, when men are free, we will be assured an ever improving and quality medical industry, where innovators are free to innovate, and where patients are free to choose the doctors they want, and where costs will remain reasonable. Furthermore, coverage will be as near %100 as could be expected, and it will be quality care, as proven by the U.S. prior to 1960. Freedom trumps government control both morally and practically.

So, in the name of all that is good, reject socialized medicine and government control of health care and promote liberty on principle. Promote individual rights on principle. Since Ayn Rand was the best philosophical defender of rights, she should be read for details.

Excellent letter! (Though I'd condense it a bit, for greater impact.)

I'll use it as a model for the letters I'll shortly send to so-called conservative Democrats.

(On the other hand, to the ordinary sort of Democrats--the ones itching to enslave us if it's the last thing they do--I've sent angry denunciations).

Here let me pass on some e-mail addresses provided by one of my Tea Party associates.

If you put all addresses in the bcc: field, you can e-mail them all at once.

Tier 1: Conservative to Moderate Democrats who are on Energy and Commerce in the House :

Rep. Boucher of VA Chief of Staff: Becky Coleman email: rebecca.coleman@mail.house.gov

Rep. Sutton of OH Chief of Staff: Nichole Reynolds email: nichole.reynold@mail.house.gov or nichole.reynolds@mail.house.gov

Rep. Stupak of MI Chief of Staff: Scott Schloegel email: scott.schloegel@mail.house.gov

Rep. Braley of Iowa Chief of Staff: Sarah Benzing email: sarah.benzing@mail.house.gov

Rep. Mike Ross of AR Chief of Staff: Drew Goesl email: drew.goesl@mail.house.gov

Rep. Baron Hill of IN Chief of Staff: John Zody email: john.zody@mail.house.gov

Rep. John Barrow of GA Chief of Staff: Ashley Jones email: ashley.jones@mail.house.gov

Rep. Charlie Melancon of LA Chief of Staff: Joe Bonfiglio email: joe.bonfiglio@mail.house.gov

Rep. Bart Gordon of TN Chief of Staff: Donna Pignatelli email: donna.pignatelli@mail.house.gov

Rep. Jim Matheson of UT Chief of Staff: Stacey Alexander email: stacey.alexander@mail.house.gov

Rep. Zack Space of OH Chief of Staff: Stuart Chapman email: stuart.chapman@mail.house.gov

Tier 2: Conservative to Moderate Democrats in House not on Energy and Commerce

Rep. Frank Kratovil of MD Chief of Staff: Tim McCann email: tim.mccann@mail.house.gov

Rep. Bobby Bright of AL Chief of Staff: Meg Joseph email: meg.joseph@mail.house.gov

Rep. Walt Minnick of ID Chief of Staff: Kare Haas email: kate.haas@mail.house.gov

Rep. Parker Griffith of AL Chief of Staff: Sharon Wheeler email: sharon.wheeler@mail.house.gov

Rep. Mike Arcuri of NY Chief of Staff: Sam Marchio email: sam.marchio@mail.house.gov

Rep. Glenn Nye of VA Chief of Staff: Angela Kouters email: angela.kouters@mail.house.gov

Rep. Travis Childers of MS Chief of Staff: Brad Morris email: brad.morris@mail.house.gov

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of AZ Chief of Staff: Pia Carusone email: pia.carusone@mail.house.gov

Rep. Leonard Boswell of IA Chief of Staff: Susan McAvoy email: susan.mcavoy@mail.house.gov

Rep. Dennis Moore of KS Chief of Staff: Howard Bauleke email: howard.bauleke@mail.house.gov

Rep. Jason Altmire of PA Chief of Staff: Matt Walker email: matt.walker@mail.house.gov

Rep. Christoper Carney of PA Chief of Staff: April Metwalli email: april.metwali@mail.house.gov

Rep. Patrick Murphy of PA Chief of Staff: Scott Fairchild email: scott.fairchild@mail.house.gov

Rep. Jim Marshall of GA Chief of Staff: John Kirincich email:

Rep. Lincoln Davis of TN Chief of Staff: Beecher Fraiser email: beecher.frasier@mail.house.gov

Rep. Melissa Bean of IL Chief of Staff: Elizabeth Hart email: elizabeth.hart@mail.house.gov

Rep. John Salazar of CO Chief of Staff: Ronnie Carleton email: ron.carleton@mail.house.gov

Rep. Allen Boyd of FL Chief of Staff: Melanie Morris email: melanie.morris@mail.house.gov

Rep. Heath Shuler of NC Chief of Staff: Hayden Rogers email: hayden.rogers@mail.house.gov

Rep. Earl Pomeroy of ND Chief of Staff: Bob Siggins email: bob.siggins@mail.house.gov

Rep. Charlie Wilson of OH Chief of Staff: Candace Abbey email: candace.abbey@mail.house.gov

Rep. Tim Holden of PA Chief of Staff: Trish Reilly email: trish.reilly@mail.house.gov

Rep. Brad Ellsworth of IN Chief of Staff: Cori Smith email: cori.smith@mail.house.gov

Rep. Ben Chandler of KY Chief of Staff: Denis Fleming email: denis.fleming@mail.house.gov

Rep. Jim Cooper of TN Chief of Staff: Lisa Quigley email: lisa.quigley@mail.house.gov

Rep. Joe Donnelly of IN Chief of Staff: Joel Elliot email: joel.elliot@mail.house.gov

Rep. Mike Michaud of ME Chief of Staff: Pete Chandler email: peter.chandler@mail.house.gov

Rep. Mike Thompson of CA Chief of Staff: Charles Jefferson email: charles.jefferson@mail.house.gov

Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin of SD Chief of Staff: Tessa Gould email: tessa.gould@mail.house.gov

Rep. Adam Schiff of CA Chief of Staff: Timothy Bergreen email: timothy.bergreen@mail.house.gov

Rep. Jane Harman of CA Chief of Staff: John Hess email: john.hess@mail.house.gov

Rep. Joe Baca of CA Chief of Staff: Linda Macias email: linda.macias@mail.house.gov

Rep. Sanford Bishop of GA Chief of Staff: Phyllis Hallmon email: phyllis.hallmon@mail.house.gov

Rep. Mike McIntyre of NC Chief of Staff: Dean Mitchell email: dean.mitchell@mail.house.gov

Rep. Henry Cuellar of TX Chief of Staff: Terry Stinson email: terry.stinson@mail.house.gov

Rep. Loretta Sanchez of CA Chief of Staff: Adrienne Elrod email: adrienne.elrod@mail.house.gov

Rep. Dan Boren of OK Chief of Staff: Jason Buckner email: jason.buckner@mail.house.gov

Rep. Collin Peterson of MN Chief of Staff: Mark Brownell email: mark.brownell@mail.house.gov

Rep. Jim Costa of CA Chief of Staff: Scott Nishioki email: scott.nishioki@mail.house.gov

Rep. Gene Taylor of MS Chief of Staff: Stephen Peranich email: stephen.peranich@mail.house.gov

Rep. Dennis Cardoza of CA Chief of Staff: Jennifer Walsh email: jennifer.walsh@mail.house.gov

Rep. John Tanner of TN Chief of Staff: Vickie Walling email: vickie.walling@mail.house.gov

Rep. Marion Berry of AR Chief of Staff: Chad Causey email: chad.causey@mail.house.gov

Fortunately, public concern is growing, against the Marxist Messiah's vicious attempt to take over yet another industry (and threaten all our lives).

From http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/23...th-care-reform/ :

FOX News Poll: Uncertainty on Health Care Reform

By Dana Blanton

FOXNews.com

Thursday, July 23, 2009

... Furthermore, fully 79 percent think if health care legislation is passed they personally will pay more in taxes ...

Nearly half of Americans (45 percent) think the quality of their family's health care would be worse under the current proposed reforms....

Also on the personal level, some 58 percent think health care reforms would cost them money ....

And if they were sick or seriously ill, most people say they would rather be in the current privately-run health care system (64 percent) than in a government-run system (19 percent)....

The president's overall job approval rating has dropped to a new low of 54 percent, down from 62 percent approval last month (9-10 June 2009). ... Today 38 percent of Americans say they disapprove of the job the president is doing....

Based on their understanding of the situation, by 47 percent to 36 percent the public opposes the reform legislation currently being considered....

If a government-run health insurance plan is established, 81 percent of Americans think members of Congress and the president should be required to be part of that public plan....

And an overwhelming 92 percent majority says members of Congress should be required to read and understand legislation before voting, "even if the bill is thousands of pages long."

Excellent letter! (Though I'd condense it a bit, for greater impact.)

I'll use it as a model for the letters I'll shortly send to so-called conservative Democrats.

(On the other hand, to the ordinary sort of Democrats--the ones itching to enslave us if it's the last thing they do--I've sent angry denunciations).

Thanks, Bill! :angry2: That's a real complement coming from you. I realize that condensing it would help. I'd really like to see yours when you're done with it.

You've probably found how laborious it is to go to one congressman's web site after another, to e-mail them.

HERE are the e-mail addresses of 49 CHIEFS OF STAFF of "conservative" Democratic congressmen, potentially open to persuasion:

rebecca.coleman@mail.house.gov, nichole.reynolds@mail.house.gov, scott.schloegel@mail.house.gov, sarah.benzing@mail.house.gov, drew.goesl@mail.house.gov, john.zody@mail.house.gov, ashley.jones@mail.house.gov, joe.bonfiglio@mail.house.gov, donna.pignatelli@mail.house.gov, stacey.alexander@mail.house.gov, stuart.chapman@mail.house.gov, tim.mccann@mail.house.gov, meg.joseph@mail.house.gov, kate.haas@mail.house.gov , sharon.wheeler@mail.house.gov , sam.marchio@mail.house.gov , angela.kouters@mail.house.gov, brad.morris@mail.house.gov , pia.carusone@mail.house.gov , howard.bauleke@mail.house.gov, matt.walker@mail.house.gov , scott.fairchild@mail.house.gov, beecher.frasier@mail.house.gov, elizabeth.hart@mail.house.gov , ron.carleton@mail.house.gov , melanie.morris@mail.house.gov, hayden.rogers@mail.house.gov , bob.siggins@mail.house.gov , candace.abbey@mail.house.gov , trish.reilly@mail.house.gov , cori.smith@mail.house.gov , denis.fleming@mail.house.gov , lisa.quigley@mail.house.gov , peter.chandler@mail.house.gov , tessa.gould@mail.house.gov , timothy.bergreen@mail.house.gov , john.hess@mail.house.gov , linda.macias@mail.house.gov , phyllis.hallmon@mail.house.gov , dean.mitchell@mail.house.gov , terry.stinson@mail.house.gov , adrienne.elrod@mail.house.gov, jason.buckner@mail.house.gov , mark.brownell@mail.house.gov, scott.nishioki@mail.house.gov , stephen.peranich@mail.house.gov , jennifer.walsh@mail.house.gov , vickie.walling@mail.house.gov , chad.causey@mail.house.gov

COPY AND PASTE THIS LIST INTO THE BCC: FIELD OF YOUR E-MAIL, then reach all of them at once!

Here's what I ended up sending:

Vote NO on Obama’s socialized medicine!

Sir:

Please tell the Congressman that America CANNOT AFFORD Obama’s government take-over of health care. It is irresponsible and immoral. Doctors and patients are human beings with RIGHTS, not serfs of a government bureaucrat! Does the Congressman want HIS family under Obama’s plan? I doubt it. He’s heard, hasn’t he, how thousands of patients die on waiting lists in Canada, the U.K. etc., while waiting for government-rationed care?

I DEMAND that the Congressman READ THE BILL, READ THE CONSTITUTION, and STOP supporting Obama’s Marxist government-takes-all power grab!

Angrily,

William H. Bucko

People are predicting that if the Messiah doesn't get his government take-over before congressmen go home for August and meet with constituents, he'll NEVER GET IT AT ALL--because citizens are righteously up in arms over what that little Marxist bastard intends to do to the health and well-being of their loved ones!

PLEASE WRITE NOW! WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

You've probably found how laborious it is to go to one congressman's web site after another, to e-mail them.

For what it may be worth to those undertaking the effort, I have read, plausibly, that the Washington entities take, in order of seriousness: 1) readable handwritten paper letters, 2) computer printed paper letters, 3) emails. The logic being that it takes significantly more time and expense to mail physical letters, and email, being free, can be sent with very little effort.

From what I've heard, phone calls stand at the top of the list.

Hasn't paper mail mostly dropped out of the picture, with the poor politicians scared to death of a little anthrax?

It is true that e-mails, as requiring the least effort, are probably at the bottom of the list.

From what I've heard, phone calls stand at the top of the list.

Ok.

Hasn't paper mail mostly dropped out of the picture, with the poor politicians scared to death of a little anthrax?

I don't know. I do remember that after the scare, post office sorting centers, particularly in D.C., installed what I think are gamma ray irradiators, probably similar or the same as the ones used to sterilize some grocery produce, to zap any spores inside mail. Also, I imagine they're less concerned when their expendable reliable assistants open the mail.

Phil, perhaps it's been a few years since you've been to any congressman's website??

At every one I've visited, there's a disclaimer saying: paper mail may be delayed SEVERAL WEEKS before it is read.

Worth repeating:

This is no time to do nothing, or adopt a defeatist attitude. The Tea Party protests are having a definite impact!

HERE are the e-mail addresses of 49 CHIEFS OF STAFF of "conservative" Democratic congressmen, potentially open to persuasion:

rebecca.coleman@mail.house.gov, nichole.reynolds@mail.house.gov, scott.schloegel@mail.house.gov, sarah.benzing@mail.house.gov, drew.goesl@mail.house.gov, john.zody@mail.house.gov, ashley.jones@mail.house.gov, joe.bonfiglio@mail.house.gov, donna.pignatelli@mail.house.gov, stacey.alexander@mail.house.gov, stuart.chapman@mail.house.gov, tim.mccann@mail.house.gov, meg.joseph@mail.house.gov, kate.haas@mail.house.gov , sharon.wheeler@mail.house.gov , sam.marchio@mail.house.gov , angela.kouters@mail.house.gov, brad.morris@mail.house.gov , pia.carusone@mail.house.gov , howard.bauleke@mail.house.gov, matt.walker@mail.house.gov , scott.fairchild@mail.house.gov, beecher.frasier@mail.house.gov, elizabeth.hart@mail.house.gov , ron.carleton@mail.house.gov , melanie.morris@mail.house.gov, hayden.rogers@mail.house.gov , bob.siggins@mail.house.gov , candace.abbey@mail.house.gov , trish.reilly@mail.house.gov , cori.smith@mail.house.gov , denis.fleming@mail.house.gov , lisa.quigley@mail.house.gov , peter.chandler@mail.house.gov , tessa.gould@mail.house.gov , timothy.bergreen@mail.house.gov , john.hess@mail.house.gov , linda.macias@mail.house.gov , phyllis.hallmon@mail.house.gov , dean.mitchell@mail.house.gov , terry.stinson@mail.house.gov , adrienne.elrod@mail.house.gov, jason.buckner@mail.house.gov , mark.brownell@mail.house.gov, scott.nishioki@mail.house.gov , stephen.peranich@mail.house.gov , jennifer.walsh@mail.house.gov , vickie.walling@mail.house.gov , chad.causey@mail.house.gov

Okay, I CC'd to the list you provided. As I said, I sent to the three mentioned above via U.S. mail, because I'd heard that Congressmen give that more weight than emails, and now I learn it may take weeks. Anyway, CCing was easy enough.

Sir:

Please tell the Congressman that America CANNOT AFFORD Obama’s government take-over of health care. It is irresponsible and immoral. Doctors and patients are human beings with RIGHTS, not serfs of a government bureaucrat! Does the Congressman want HIS family under Obama’s plan? I doubt it. He’s heard, hasn’t he, how thousands of patients die on waiting lists in Canada, the U.K. etc., while waiting for government-rationed care?

I DEMAND that the Congressman READ THE BILL, READ THE CONSTITUTION, and STOP supporting Obama’s Marxist government-takes-all power grab!

Angrily,

William H. Bucko

That is short and punchy. Very good!

Okay, I CC'd to the list you provided. As I said, I sent to the three mentioned above via U.S. mail, because I'd heard that Congressmen give that more weight than emails, and now I learn it may take weeks. Anyway, CCing was easy enough.

Sir:

Angrily,

William H. Bucko

That is short and punchy. Very good!

I agree it is "short and punchy", and a good example to build on. Though I would take out "CANNOT AFFORD", which seems at first glance to appeal to pragmatic interests.

The letter which I am sending out (and open to criticism) is:

Sir, Obama's attempt to take over America's health care is a cheap (but large) dagger thrust at the core of America's soul, which is self-responsibility. The heart of self-responsibility is the freedom to choose, the freedom of not being forced to do anything. Does the Congressman want to be forced? Does he want to be cared for by doctors who have been forced? Does he want to abdicate his power of choice and his self-responsibility? Does he really think that no self-respect, on the part of forced patients and forced doctors, will lead to better health and happier people? And that the abandonment of individual rights will lead to something other than incompetence and death?

It is time that the Congressman read the Constitution and discovered that country of freedom called America. And, if he values the health and happiness of his family, as well as that of his constituents, he had better do it damn soon.

Beyond impatience,

Brian Faulkner

Here's a detailed analysis of what is in the House's Health Care Bill (HR3200)

Inside the Health Care Bill, aka HR3200

July 22, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Here is the entire 1017 page Health Care Bill... and commentary...

There is a man by the name of Peter Fleckstein (aka Fleckman) who is reading it and has been posting on Twitter his findings. This is from his postings (Note: All comments are Fleckman’s)

Pg 16: SEC. 102, lines 3-26, PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE: Outlaws private insurance by forbidding enrollment after HR 3022 is passed into law.

Pg 21-22: SEC. 113. INSURANCE RATING RULES of the HC Bill MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Pg 29, SEC. 122, ESSENTIAL BENEFITS PACKAGE DEFINED: On lines 4-16... Your health care is rationed!

Pg 30, SEC. 123, HEALTH BENEFITS ADVISORY COMMITTEE: There will be a government committee that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Pg 42, SEC. 142, DUTIES AND AUTHORITY OF COMMISSIONER: The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your health care benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50-51, SEC. 152, PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE: Health care will be provided to ALL NON-US citizens, here legally or otherwise.

Pg 58, SEC. 163, ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION: Government will have real-time access to individual’s finances and a National ID Health Card will be issued!

Pg 59, SEC. 163, Lines 21-24, ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION: Government will have direct access to your BANK ACCOUNTS for electronic funds transfer. This means the government can go in and take your money right out of your bank account.

PG 65, SEC. 164, REINSURANCE PROGRAM FOR RETIREES: A subsidized plan for Union retirees and their families, and to community organizations (think ACORN).

Pg 72, SEC. 201, Lines 8-14, ESTABLISHMENT OF HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE; OUTLINE OF DUTIES; DEFINITIONS: Creates an "Exchange" to bring private health care plans under Government control.

PG 84. SEC. 203, BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS: Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private health care plans in the Exchange.

PG 85, SEC. 203. BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS Line 7 HC Bill – SPECIFICATION OF BENEFIT LEVELS FOR PLANS = The Government will ration your Healthcare!

PG 91: SEC. 204, Lines 4-7, CONTRACTS FOR THE OFFERING OF EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLANS: Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. (Example – Translation for illegal aliens!)

Pg 95, SEC. 205, Lines 8-18, OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN: The Government will use groups (i.e., ACORN and Americorps) to sign up individuals for Government plan.

PG 102, SEC. 205, Lines 12-18, OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN: Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice!

PG 124, SEC. 223, lines 24-25, PAYMENT RATES FOR ITEMS AND SERVICES: No company can sue the GOVERNMENT on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Government Monopoly!

PG 127, SEC. 225, Lines 1-16, PROVIDER PARTICIPATION, DOCTORS / AMA: The Government will dictate the income of doctors and other health care professionals.

PG 145, SEC. 312, Line 15-17: EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE: An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE!

PG 146, SEC. 312, Lines 22-25, EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE: Employers MUST pay health care coverage for PART-TIME employees AND their families.

PG 149, SEC. 313, Lines 16-24, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE: ANY Employer with payroll of $400,000 and above, who does not provide public option, will pay an 8 percent tax on all payroll.

PG 150, SEC. 313, Lines 9-13, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE: A business having a payroll between $251K – $400K, who does not provide the public option, must pay a 2 - 6 percent tax on all payroll.

PG 167, SEC. 401, Lines 18-23, TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE: ANY individual, who does not have acceptable health care, according to the Government, will be taxed 2 - 5 percent of their of income.

PG 170, SEC. 401, Lines 1-3, TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE: Any NONRESIDENT Alien is EXEMPT from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

PG 195, SEC. 421, CREDIT FOR SMALL BUSINESS EMPLOYEE HEALTH COVERAGE EXPENSES: Officers and employees of the health care administration (GOVERNMENT) will have access to ALL Americans financial and personal records!

PG 203: SEC. 441, Line 14-15, SURCHARGE ON HIGH INCOME INDIVIDUALS: “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” It actually states that in writing!

PG 239, SEC. 1121, Line 14-24, SUSTAINABLE GROWTH RATE REFORM: Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.

Pg 241, SEC. 1121, Line 6-8, SUSTAINABLE GROWTH RATE REFORM: Doctors, it does not matter what specialty you have, you will all be paid the same.

PG 253, SEC. 1122, Line 10-18, MIS-VALUED CODES UNDER THE PHYSICIAN FEE

SCHEDULE: Government will set value of Doctor’s time, professional judgment, etc. Literally, the government will determine the value of humans (The philosophy of Karl Marx)

PG 265, SEC. 1131, INCORPORATING PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENTS INTO MARKET BASKET UPDATES THAT DO NOT ALREADY INCORPORATE SUCH IMPROVEMENTS. Government will mandate and control productivity for private health care industries.

PG 268, SEC. 1141, RENTAL AND PURCHASE OF POWER-DRIVEN WHEELCHAIRS. Federal Government will regulate rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs

PG 272, SEC. 1145, TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS: Cancer patients, welcome to rationing!

PG 280, SEC. 1151, REDUCING POTENTIALLY PREVENTABLE HOSPITAL RE-ADMISSIONS The Government will penalize hospitals for what Government deems preventable re-admissions.

PG 298, SEC. 1151, Lines 9-11, REDUCING POTENTIALLY PREVENTABLE HOSPITAL RE-ADMISSIONS: If doctors treat a patient during initial admission, that results in a readmission... the Government will penalize them.

PG 317, SEC. 1156, Lines 13-20, LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS: Incredible! A PROHIBITION on ownership and investment! Government will tell doctors "what and how" much they can own!

PG 317-318, SEC. 1156, Lines 1-3 and 21-25, LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS: A A PROHIBITION on expansion – Government is mandating hospitals cannot expand!

PG 321, SEC. 1156, Lines 2-13, LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS: Hospitals have option to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can you say ACORN?

PG 335, SEC. 1162, Lines 16-25 and Pg 336-339, QUALITY BONUS PAYMENTS: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures. Health care the way they want, aka... rationing.

PG 341, SEC. 1162, Lines 3-9,. QUALITY BONUS PAYMENTS: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc., thus forcing people into Government plan.

PG 354: SEC. 1177, EXTENSION OF AUTHORITY OF SPECIAL NEEDS PLANS TO RESTRICT ENROLLMENT: Government will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people!

PG 379, SEC. 1191, TELEHEALTH EXPANSION AND ENHANCEMENTS: Government creates more bureaucracy, the Telehealth Advisory Committee. Can you say health care by phone?

PG 425, SEC. 1233, Lines 4-12, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION: Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consultations. Think Senior Citizens end of life

PG 425, SEC. 1233, Lines 17-19, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, and durable powers of attorney. This is Mandatory!

PG 425, SEC. 1233, Lines 22-25, PG 426, Lines 1-3, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION: Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death!

PG 427, SEC. 1233. Lines 15-24, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION: Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government has a say in how your life ends!

PG 429, SEC. 1233, Lines 1-9, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION: An “advance care planning consultant” will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates. Can you say government-induced euthanasia?

PG 429, SEC. 1233, Lines 10-12, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION “advance care consultation” may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from Government!

PG 429: SEC. 1233, Lines 13-25, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION: The Government will specify which doctors can write an "end of life" order.

PG 430, SEC. 1233, Lines 11-15, ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION: The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.

PG 469, SEC. 1302, MEDICAL HOME PILOT PROGRAM: Community Based Home Medical Services equals Non profit organizations. Hello, ACORN Medical Services here?

PG 472, SEC. 1302, Lines 14-17, MEDICAL HOME PILOT PROGRAM PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORG: 1 monthly payment to a community-based organization...like ACORN?

PG 489, SEC. 1308, COVERAGE OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST SERVICES AND MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR SERVICES: The Government will cover Marriage and Family therapy... They will insert Government into your marriage!

Pg 494-498, SEC. 1308, COVERAGE OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST SERVICES AND MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR SERVICES: Government will cover Mental Health Services, including defining, creating, and rationing those services.

End of listing...

When your congressional reps and senators return home for their "vacation" ... MEET THEM AT THEIR OFFICES AND TOWN HALL GATHERINGS ... ARMED WITH THIS INFORMATION... Look up and get a copy of the Health Care Bill... Read their plans for you! THEN TAKE ACTION!

Phil, perhaps it's been a few years since you've been to any congressman's website??

That's probably about right :angry2:

At every one I've visited, there's a disclaimer saying: paper mail may be delayed SEVERAL WEEKS before it is read.

Unsurprising. But that doesn't imply that other forms of communication, short I suppose of a phone call (to their aides no doubt), are read any more quickly, or *ever* read.

Worth repeating:

This is no time to do nothing, or adopt a defeatist attitude. The Tea Party protests are having a definite impact!

I fully understand the desire to "do something", but remain unconvinced about the ultimate positive effects. Obama was voted in by a significant majority, as well as his minions in Congress, and it wasn't because the majority didn't have an understanding of the nature of what they were supporting.

Here's a detailed analysis of what is in the House's Health Care Bill (HR3200)
Inside the Health Care Bill, aka HR3200

July 22, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Here is the entire 1017 page Health Care Bill... and commentary...

[list DELETED]

When your congressional reps and senators return home for their "vacation" ... MEET THEM AT THEIR OFFICES AND TOWN HALL GATHERINGS ... ARMED WITH THIS INFORMATION... Look up and get a copy of the Health Care Bill... Read their plans for you! THEN TAKE ACTION!

SWEET JESUS! as Sarah Palin would say.

There's no law saying you can't e-mail again ... and again. I just sent the following to the same 49 chiefs of staff:

Sir:

Please ask the congressman if he wants THIS on his conscience:

HR3200

[sAME LIST]

This bill is an EVIL MARXIST POWER-GRAB! IT'S YOUR DUTY TO FIGHT IT TO THE DEATH!

Angrily,

Bill Bucko

Guess I WILL be going to that 4th local Tea Party protest of the month, tomorrow.

There was a hastily-called Tea Party in the upscale Detroit suburb of Troy this afternoon, to protest Obamacare. I found 2,000 highly motivated people there. Flyers of Yaron Brook's speech to Republicans flew out of my hands like hotcakes! I'd raise my voice to say, "the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights," and hands started reaching out. Passed out my whole supply of 100 in a short while. This was along the intersection of two major streets, during rush hour. Literally thousands of drivers honked their horns in support.

There's certainly cause for hope!

What, the Marxist Messiah (pbuh) has sunk so low that he's in a dead heat with Mitch Romney, per the latest poll?!?

See http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/07/30/...h-care-numbers/ :

Kevin McCullough

- FOXNews.com

- July 30, 2009

Why Health Care Is Killing Obama

What has happened since May to bring down the president's approval ratings? It all comes down to three little words: health care reform.

President Barack Obama is disconnected from the American people on the ideas behind improving health care in America. Recent Gallup poll numbers -- placing him below former President Jimmy Carter in overall approval ratings -- point to it.

And now so do numbers of additional new polls. ...

The Messiah can't sink fast enough, or far enough, to suit me.

There was a hastily-called Tea Party in the upscale Detroit suburb of Troy this afternoon, to protest Obamacare. I found 2,000 highly motivated people there. Flyers of Yaron Brook's speech to Republicans flew out of my hands like hotcakes! I'd raise my voice to say, "the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights," and hands started reaching out. Passed out my whole supply of 100 in a short while. This was along the intersection of two major streets, during rush hour. Literally thousands of drivers honked their horns in support.

Ron A., of our Detroit area T.O.G. (The Objectivist Group) posted a photo gallery of Thursday's Troy event at http://picasaweb.google.com/ronisnow/TeaPa...009?feat=email# .

Please note that his largest crowd shots show only about 1/8 of what was going on. Two thousand people are a LOT of people!

Those of you who haven't yet attended a big Tea Party, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!

JOIN US, AND HELP MAKE HISTORY!

Ron A., of our Detroit area T.O.G. (The Objectivist Group) posted a photo gallery of Thursday's Troy event at http://picasaweb.google.com/ronisnow/TeaPa...009?feat=email# .

Please note that his largest crowd shots show only about 1/8 of what was going on. Two thousand people are a LOT of people!

Those of you who haven't yet attended a big Tea Party, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!

JOIN US, AND HELP MAKE HISTORY!

2000 is a lot of people on short notice! That was at the Sommerset Mall, which is 5 minutes from my house. How were you notified? I shouldn't be missing these events.

On Facebook, join the group "Anti-Tax Tea Party in Troy, MI." They notified me by e-mail on Monday. At the Party, I heard people saying the turnout was so large because WJR talk radio announced it during news breaks.

I wish there were one central clearing house for Tea Party notifications--but there isn't. Many, at least, are announced on the Tea Party Patriots web site.

See http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/02/yes-t...of-health-care/ for further developments.

Wish-I'd-Said-That Department

Here are memorable comments from Michelle Malkin's site:

What Obama is attempting is the equivalent of a coup d'etat. Yes he is in office via an election and yes, he controls both houses of Congress. However, his socialst objectives are so anti-American that not even main stream Democrats would support his true plans, if they understood them. Thus, deception, speed, and thuggery when needed are critical. Once his plans are revealed he has to confuse and move quickly, becasue what he is proposing is so radical he really only has one shot at this. ... He has to be stopped now.

My comment: With the opposition Tea Partiers and others have stirred up, we are well on the way toward stopping the bastard!

Back to Michelle Malkin's site:

You cannot trust Obama or anyone else in this administration. They will say anything to get their way, truthful or not, and then if confronted, they deny. It’s the old political two-step. Lie, get confronted, deny, if proof is submitted against you, change your story, say you were misquoted and go back to step one.

BurnedOutHippie said:

I don’t want Barney Frank’s finger anywhere near my prostate, thank you very much.

And see the poster at http://conservativeshrug.blogspot.com/2009...ism-poster.html .

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE NEXT TEA PARTY PROTESTS:

SATURDAY, AUGUST 22 and

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 - including a MARCH ON WASHINGTON!

Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana has introduced a resolution asking those who vote for Obamacare to submit to it themselves.

Think there'll be any takers?

What? You think all Obamacare backers are cowardly, dishonest hypocrites who think they're an aristocracy, entitled to lord it over their constituents, the serfs, and squeeze us dry?

Sign Fleming's petition at http://www.fleming.house.gov/index.html .

Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana has introduced a resolution asking those who vote for Obamacare to submit to it themselves.

Think there'll be any takers?

What? You think all Obamacare backers are cowardly, dishonest hypocrites who think they're an aristocracy, entitled to lord it over their constituents, the serfs, and squeeze us dry?

Sign Fleming's petition at http://www.fleming.house.gov/index.html .

The official response spin is that under Messiah's plan you can keep your existing plan if you want to. What they leave out is that private insurance will be phased out but they keep their's forever. But it doesn't make any difference whether or not politicians officially change to a new "public" plan because it will be administered for them differently anyway, so they would for all practical purposes be keeping their government privileges. Still, it is worth pointing out that they aren't willing to submit themselves to the treatment they give everyone else.

The official response spin is that under Messiah's plan you can keep your existing plan if you want to. What they leave out is that private insurance will be phased out but they keep their's forever.

This is true but HR3200 is dead from the looks of it. I think that what they want now is a non-profit to offer a plan. It'd be corrupt as all hell but still better than a public option, and also have a less obvious slope to single payer. Its unclear to me what has an actual chance to float to the top at this point.