Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bborg

Glenn Beck's 9/11 tribute to America

2 posts in this topic

Glenn Beck has his faults. He, like Rush Limbaugh, is a Christian who bases some of his views on religion. However I have been so impressed with his coverage of Obama's administration, and his courage in the face of overwhelming hostility from both the government and the "mainstream" media. He has broken stories that no one would touch, either due to corruption or cowardice. He was almost single-handedly responsible for the resignation of Van Jones, the self-avowed communist "green job czar" in the White House who intended to use environmentalism as a vehicle for a Marxist revolution. And his work has really gotten to me, because it's made me believe that this country can turn around. I realize that we probably will not be living under capitalism in my lifetime. I'm not fooling myself that surviving Obama will be the end of it. But Beck and his huge audience have restored my optimism. When I first saw a clip of him talk, it was for an interview with Yaron Brook. I was grateful to him for giving Dr. Brook airtime, but I didn't think much beyond that. But since then, listening to his radio program and watching him on TV, I've grown to really admire the man.

Today is 9/11. Obama has called this a day of service, and everyone else is calling it a day of remembrance. But few people's memories go beyond the horror of the deaths to the meaning of the attacks, and to the symbol that this country is that made it the target of such evil monsters. So in honor of Glenn Beck I'll simply post his commentary today, which I found very moving, and proof that the American sense of life is strong and fighting for survival.

Part 1

Part 2

Glenn Beck has his faults. He, like Rush Limbaugh, is a Christian who bases some of his views on religion. However I have been so impressed with his coverage of Obama's administration, and his courage in the face of overwhelming hostility from both the government and the "mainstream" media. He has broken stories that no one would touch, either due to corruption or cowardice. He was almost single-handedly responsible for the resignation of Van Jones, the self-avowed communist "green job czar" in the White House who intended to use environmentalism as a vehicle for a Marxist revolution. And his work has really gotten to me, because it's made me believe that this country can turn around. I realize that we probably will not be living under capitalism in my lifetime. I'm not fooling myself that surviving Obama will be the end of it. But Beck and his huge audience have restored my optimism. When I first saw a clip of him talk, it was for an interview with Yaron Brook. I was grateful to him for giving Dr. Brook airtime, but I didn't think much beyond that. But since then, listening to his radio program and watching him on TV, I've grown to really admire the man.

Today is 9/11. Obama has called this a day of service, and everyone else is calling it a day of remembrance. But few people's memories go beyond the horror of the deaths to the meaning of the attacks, and to the symbol that this country is that made it the target of such evil monsters. So in honor of Glenn Beck I'll simply post his commentary today, which I found very moving, and proof that the American sense of life is strong and fighting for survival.

Part 1

Part 2

Thank you very much, Bryson. That was emotionally powerful, and it was Beck at his best----and he is right.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0