Henrik Unné

Good news!

13 posts in this topic

In my post "The Injustice of Immigration Controls" I related the threat that my wife, who I married just a month ago, might be sent back to her home country Vietnam. However, yesterday Thi received a letter from the Swedish Immigration Court, which notified her that she had been granted permission to stay in Sweden permanently. My wife, Thi, and I are of course overjoyed. The only minor problem is that the Swedish Immigration Authority can still appeal the decision, and then the Immigration Court would try Thi´s case again, and might rule against her. Still, things look better now.

In America we have a saying: "You can't fight City Hall." I'm glad you did, and you won!

...but then -- what are many petty bureaucrats in the face of a single heroic Objectivist? -_-

In America we have a saying: "You can't fight City Hall." I'm glad you did, and you won!

...but then -- what are many petty bureaucrats in the face of a single heroic Objectivist? -_-

To be honest - I cannot claim any of the credit for my wife´s good fortune. I was not even permitted to testify at the hearing of the Immigration Court, on August the 28th, although I did attend the hearing as an observer. The Immigration Court motivated it´s decision mostly on factual considerations, and also, in some small measure, on the judgment that Thi seemed honest when she testified. The Court stated that she did not seem to appeal to emotion, and she did not seem to exagerate things when she told about what she had been through with her former husband.

I did not expect this decision, since Thi´s legal counsel, had told her in advance that it was unlikely that the decision would be in her favor. So I had been resigned to the fate of having to live without Thi for 6 or 12 months, while she was in Vietnam, applying for new permission to stay in Sweden. I had been assuring Thi that I would wait for her, and would not begin looking for any other women when I was without her. Thi did seem to trust me when I told her that.

But now, provided that the Immigration Authority does not appeal the decision, Thi and I will live together from now on. Thi will begin looking for a job shortly (she has not been *permitted* to work for a year). While she was waiting for permission to stay in Sweden, the Swedish taxpayers had to pay for her sustenance. That is how crazy the policy of immigration controls is.

I have attempted to post a few photos of my wife and me from our wedding, but the photos contained to many pixels (or bits?) for the uploading to "work". Sorry.

Mazel tov! (Congratulations).

Bob Kolker

I have attempted to post a few photos of my wife and me from our wedding, but the photos contained to many pixels (or bits?) for the uploading to "work". Sorry.

If the picture are hosted somewhere else on the internet like Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, etc. get the URL and enclose it in "img" tags thusly:

[img=http://your.jpg]

I'd love to see the pictures.

If the picture are hosted somewhere else on the internet like Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, etc. get the URL and enclose it in "img" tags thusly:

I´ll see what I can do as soon as I get the time.

I´ll see what I can do as soon as I get the time.

I do not think that I can upload my photos to Facebook either. It seems that the pictures contain too many pixels (or bits). I think that there is just one solution. Anyone here who wants to see the photos, will have to provide me with their email adresses. Then I can email the photos to them. If you want to provide me with your email adress, just send it here - henrik.unne@comhem.se . You can also contact me, by email, if you have any comments to my posts here in the forum. I have a lot of views, on many subjects, that I would be happy to share with anyone who is interested.