Jim A.

Michael Moore's new film, CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY

8 posts in this topic

Our biggest, most gargantuan documentary filmmaker Michael Moore has apparently done it again. His new film, about the financial crisis and other economic issues, Capitalism: A Love Story, is coming out.

YouTube has the interview Wolf Blitzer of CNN did with Moore. Listen to how Moore evades the question of whether he is a hypocrite for benefiting from capitalism and yet attacking it as evil. (Good job, Wolf, for trying to pin him down!)

Our biggest, most gargantuan documentary filmmaker Michael Moore has apparently done it again. His new film, about the financial crisis and other economic issues, Capitalism: A Love Story, is coming out.

YouTube has the interview Wolf Blitzer of CNN did with Moore. Listen to how Moore evades the question of whether he is a hypocrite for benefiting from capitalism and yet attacking it as evil. (Good job, Wolf, for trying to pin him down!)

And the link is ....

This kind of stuff really depresses me - that he has an audience and that they lap it up (I remember the audience in London clapping after Fahrenheit).

But then I remember that you guys exist, that the US still leads the world, that entrepreneurship and achievement still mean something over the Atlantic.

Can't wait for Reagan 2.0.

The evasions of reality, twisted "logic" (intellectual laziness) and emotionalist drivel that are the trademarks of Mr. Moore's "stuff" apparently don't stop there. Moore, who has amassed an estimated $50+ million dollar fortune, is reported to have said to a CNS News reporter that "Capitalism did nothing for me". That one induced a fit of guffaws from me when I read it (here).

Apparently, Mr. Moore is unaware that this is precisely the point of Capitalism: that Capitalism as a system doesn't "do" anything for anybody except, as a matter of moral principle, stay out of his way, leaving him free to think for himself and, consequently, "to do his own thing". Which is precisely how Mr. Moore amassed his present fortune, despite whatever hardships he might have encountered along the way.

In view of this cognitive disconnect, it's no surprise then that, for Mr. Moore, the fact that HE actually had TO WORK to produce and distribute HIS films is an injustice and a moral "black mark" against Capitalism. It's also no surprise that he doesn't want the onstensible objects of his affection (the poor, the working class, etc.) to think and work for themselves either.

The evasions of reality, twisted "logic" (intellectual laziness) and emotionalist drivel that are the trademarks of Mr. Moore's "stuff" apparently don't stop there. Moore, who has amassed an estimated $50+ million dollar fortune, is reported to have said to a CNS News reporter that "Capitalism did nothing for me". That one induced a fit of guffaws from me when I read it (here).

Apparently, Mr. Moore is unaware that this is precisely the point of Capitalism: that Capitalism as a system doesn't "do" anything for anybody except, as a matter of moral principle, stay out of his way, leaving him free to think for himself and, consequently, "to do his own thing". Which is precisely how Mr. Moore amassed his present fortune, despite whatever hardships he might have encountered along the way.

In view of this cognitive disconnect, it's no surprise then that, for Mr. Moore, the fact that HE actually had TO WORK to produce and distribute HIS films is an injustice and a moral "black mark" against Capitalism. It's also no surprise that he doesn't want the onstensible objects of his affection (the poor, the working class, etc.) to think and work for themselves either.

And . . . as a postscript to the above: the other, perhaps even bigger, "black mark" against Capitalism in Mr. Moore's view of things is what appears to be for him the intolerable fact that under Capitalism others are free either to publish, distribute or buy his work, or to reject it.

All one has to do is look at Moore to see that Capitalism has worked for him as he is almost as big as a cow. In a statist (communistic) country where the government regulates almost everything which includes one's food rations, he would never have had the extra supplies of food.