Zip

Zip's Intro Thingy

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. My name is Martin and I’ve been an Objectivist for a couple of years. I discovered O’ism through an online acquaintance who recommended Atlas to me. I read it and was stricken by the ideas and the ideals presented. I’ve never looked back. My friend on the other hand is best described as a classic liberal at worst as a libertarian.

I live in the Objectivist wasteland that is Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I’m 43 and a career soldier (24 years and counting) Armoured Reconnaissance by trade. Aside from Ottawa I’ve lived on both Canadian coasts, spent 4 years fighting the Cold War in Germany and have served in Bosnia (under the UN :D )and Kosovo (with NATO). I’m married (23yrs) my wife is not an O’ist, and I have two daughters in University one to become a Graphic Artist and the other an English major/Teacher.

I am active on Objectivism Online and Facebook. I also have a blog called Uncommon Sense.

I look forward to participating here and learning and reading and, and, and…

Cheers,

Zip

P.S. Zip is short for Zipperhead which is Canadian Army Slang for an armoured soldier.

Thanks Kurt!

Welcome to THE FORUM, Zip.

The political stench in Ottawa must be tough to bear. Well, better Harper than Ignatieff or Layton. :D

Hello Zip. I know you well! Btw, we also have a Piz, here. :D

The political stench in Ottawa must be tough to bear. Well, better Harper than Ignatieff or Layton. :D

As I've said before, as a Canadian my choices in the political arena are bad, worse, horrible and disasterous. :D

As I've said before, as a Canadian my choices in the political arena are bad, worse, horrible and disasterous. :D

Hmmmmmmmmm... No edit button. I'd like to add that the Freedom Party does provide a ray of hope... Perhaps someday

I have split off the posts dealing with Canadian and libertarian politics into a separate thread titled "The Freedom Party in Canada" here.