RayK

The New York Yankees

16 posts in this topic

Congratulations to the New York Yankees for winning another World Series which adds to the total that shatters all their competition!

Congratulations to the New York Yankees for winning another World Series which adds to the total that shatters all their competition!

Having grown up in Philadelphia, I was rooting for the Phillies, but I have to acknowledge the Yankees' excellence and accomplishment.

A hearty BRAVO to the Yankees! Excellent!

A hearty BRAVO to the Yankees! Excellent!

I am hoping for the year when the Chicago Cubs earn their day in the sun.

Bob Kolker

There have been 105 World Series played. The Yankees have played in 40 and have won 27. The Cardinals have 10 Championships, the Athletics 9, the Red Sox 7. Therefore, as of last night, the Yankees have won more World Series Championships than the next three teams combined!

As one homemade banner put it last night:

NEW HOME, SAME DESTINY!

(For those who don't know, the Yankees moved in to a new stadium this year. They won the WS in the year they opened the previous one. They also won in the year after the original went through a multi-year renovation. Interesting tradition...LoL)

If the 2004 Red Sox can do what they did in that year's ALCS and WS, there will always be hope for the Cubs. (A Yankees fan I used to work with would say "2004" in the same tone I imagine people used to say "Remember the Alamo.")

If the 2004 Red Sox can do what they did in that year's ALCS and WS, there will always be hope for the Cubs. (A Yankees fan I used to work with would say "2004" in the same tone I imagine people used to say "Remember the Alamo.")

P.S. I like your picture of the bicycle. That is my favorite form of transport. If I lived in a place which had a good climate year around, I would not own an automobile. I would rent for the few long distance trips that I take.

Congratulations to the Yankees and I hope Boston gives them grief next years.

Bob Kolker

Go Yankees!! Contratulations on No. 27!!

From 1923 to 2009 (that's 86 years) the Yankees have been in 40 World Series. Wow. Almost 50 percent. And they've won 27 of the 40! Amazing. The nearest team is the Cardinals with 10 World Series victories. Now that's excellence for an organization and total dominance in a sport. I'm so glad I was born in the Bronx and became a fan of the greatest team in the world. I watched my first WS in 1963. Now that I'm in the Baltimore area I can see how "Yankee haters" will never get it: what it takes to win. One thing I will say about Philadelphia is that, based upon reading the online news articles about the Yankees, they appreciate what it takes to be a winner. It was one of the best World Series in a long time: the best teams from both leagues battling it out to the end. If ever there was a "greatest Yankee ever" Mariano Rivera would be near the top of my list.

Not everyone rose to the occasion on the Yankees. Tip of the hat to the only real heroes in the play-offs and World Series: Derek Jeter, Hideki Matsui, Alex Rodriguez, Johnny Damon, CC Sebastain, AJ Burnett, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera. Was anyone else even playing? :P

Derek, Hideki, A-Rod, Damon, CC, AJ, Pettitte, and Mo are the great eight! :D

Not everyone rose to the occasion on the Yankees.

They all did well throughout this odd season, which is how they got to 103 wins and earned the luxury of having a well-rested pitching staff for the playoffs.