Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnRgt

"Best Cars for $20K - Feature"

3 posts in this topic

Car and Driver

While I love the MB CL600, I have never heard of anyone buying a seriously depreciated Benz and not have to spend a ton of money keeping the car in good working order. (Perhaps MB fans could tell us if there are good service contracts for MBs of this age and market price?)

It's criminal that the Integra Type R wasn't included on this list (I like the 2000-'01 specs.) Not only is it one of the best handling cars of all time, and possibly the best front wheel drive sports GT ever offered, but it's as reliable and hassle free as any Honda.

I bought my Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG for 1/3 of it's original dealer asking price. The car had less than 30,000 miles and still had Mercedes "Starmark" warranty connected to the car so I would not have had to spend anything on the car while the warranty policies were still in tact. I did buy an extended warranty for another 100,000 miles for less than $2,000 dollars which I would say is more than worth it as some of the computer chips on my car are about $3,000. With that said, I have not had anything extreme go wrong with the car. I have had window motors replaced, a CD player replaced and motors for the electric seats replaced, but beyond that there has not been one engine nor transmission problem. Overall, I beat the hell out of this car, that is what it is designed for, and besides the cost of tires and brakes I do not have a complaint.

I once had a client that had the CL600 and it is a much more refined car than mine. It is bigger and an all around heavier car. For example the glass on the doors is twice as thick as my car. The owner of the CL600 once had someone hit his door and it cost $6,000 just to replace the door. The owner of this car has also driven and owned many high-end cars to include a new Audi R8 which he waited months to receive and he stated that for comfort he would not give up his CL600 for anything. Of course he obviously had the money to afford the maintenance and most repairs without killing his savings, but he never had to.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0