Betsy Speicher

Ayn Rand makes the list of Top 3 Fascinating People

5 posts in this topic

On the 12/09/09 edition of the top-rated O'Reilly Factor, comedian/talk show host Dennis Miller used his weekly "Miller Time" segment to present his Top 3 Most Fascinating People of 2009. Here's what he said (link)

My top three fascinating people this year are Ayn Rand, because I think she's at the front of an Objectivist movement that's coming in this country. It's exhibited through No. 2 on my list, which is John Q. Public, as exhibited by these people at the tea party. And the No. 1 fascinating person to me, as it is every year, is the American man and woman in our military forces who afford us the opportunity to sit back here and have capricious endeavors like top 10 lists at the end of the year.

Here's the video (link). Ayn Rand is mentioned right near the end of the 5 minute segment.

I love how she's the only individual in the top 3.

Good choice!

She's definitely one of the most influential people in MY life. Perhaps the most, considering just how much my happiness changed after reading her works. I cannot wait until I have sufficient free time to finish reading her entire output, as well as the material L. Peikoff and other prominent Objectivists have produced since.

Thank you Ms. Rand for allowing me to be at peace, finally.

Hear, hear! I thought about it the other day, and while without Ayn Rand, I could have denounced Christianity and supported Capitalism, etc., I wouldn't have understood the big picture. I think she saved me from becoming a cynic.

Sounds like you've died and gone to heaven :D

Hear, hear! I thought about it the other day, and while without Ayn Rand, I could have denounced Christianity and supported Capitalism, etc., I wouldn't have understood the big picture. I think she saved me from becoming a cynic.

[emphasis added]

I'm very glad to hear it Adam. Keep up the good work.

I'm listening to the Dennis Miller Show regularly. He saw the Atlas Shrugged episode of the TV-show "Stossel", and is currently re-reading The Fountainhead. That's most likely what brought it on.