Bob G

Ayn Rand at the Smithsonian!

7 posts in this topic

This is an event from the Smithsonian Associates, see.

The Instructor is Shoshana Milgram Knapp, who has made presentations at many Obj conferences.

There is a cost for the ticket, but I hear a discount may be available for ARI contributors. Members of the Smithsonian Associates also receive discounts.

This event was at least partly engineered by the ARC. I have heard that there will be other events during the same period so that if you make a trip here you may be able to attend more than one event.

I am stealing the ARC thunder a little (forgive me Lin) but the more warning, the better. This event was just posted by Fred Seiler at DCOS.

This is an event from the Smithsonian Associates, see.

The Instructor is Shoshana Milgram Knapp, who has made presentations at many Obj conferences.

There is a cost for the ticket, but I hear a discount may be available for ARI contributors. Members of the Smithsonian Associates also receive discounts.

This event was at least partly engineered by the ARC. I have heard that there will be other events during the same period so that if you make a trip here you may be able to attend more than one event.

I am stealing the ARC thunder a little (forgive me Lin) but the more warning, the better. This event was just posted by Fred Seiler at DCOS.

Discounts are now being offered to supporters of ARI and DCOS members.

Discounts are now being offered to supporters of ARI and DCOS members.

Do you have a link?

Ahh, a link to the discounts? There is a code at the DCOS site. I haven't heard how you would get the code if you are a ARI supporter. Contact the ARC, I suppose.

Betsy, I know that you are a member of DCOS so you could get that one by going to the listing for this event in the calendar. But, there is no other way that I know of.

The listing in my original post gives you the information for the event.

Here's the link, but you may need to be a member of DCOS to access the page.

Here's what it says about getting the discount:

Ayn Rand: A Philosopher Who Lived Objectively (Smithsonian event)

March 20, 2010

S. Dillon Ripley Center

1100 Jefferson Dr SW

Washington, DC 20560

This is a notice for the Smithsonian Resident Associates day-long program titled "Ayn Rand: A Philosopher Who Lived Objectively." The speaker is Shoshana Milgram Knapp.

NOTE: There is a discount for DCOS members and other ARI supporters use Promotion Code 182197 in making your reservation. This changes the cost from $120 for non-resident Smithsonian associate members to $85.00, the same as the Smithsonian Resident Associate Rate.

To get more information or purchase tickets: link

The actual location has not been determined yet. They often wait until they see what the turnout will be before announcing where the event will be. They have also changed the site at the last moment. There are a lot of different locations available to the Smithsonain in downtown DC.

The senior discount is $77.

To order and get your discount you need a code. If you qualify for the code from ARI or DCOS, get it before you go online to place your ticket order.

I have often just gone to the event that I want to attend and bought my ticket on location. It might be a little sticky doing it in this case because the people handling the evening for the Smithsonian may not be aware of the special discount. However, if you can't do it any other way, you will probably be able to get in even if it sold out. There are always no shows.

The Smithsonian Associates has a wide range of programs. If you're going to be in DC, be sure to look at the events planned by them as well as the Smithsonian itself, the National Art Gallery, etc. Incidentally, if you like art, the National Art Gallery is a world class collection.

If anyone is thinking of coming to this event, let me know. There are several things that I can tell you about regarding attending that wll make it easier, such as parking, lunch, getting there, etc.