bborg

Anyone been "speed dating" before?

29 posts in this topic

Also, don't think of meeting people as a means to anything. Not a means to making a friend, not a means to finding a girlfriend or a wife.

I joined three different Swedish dating sites on the Internet in March, 2009. My purpose was, very specifically, to find myself a wife. I did not see dating as an "end in itself". Dating was, for me, a means to finding a wife.

And it worked! In early May, 2009, I saw an ad on one of the three dating sites which I had joined - from a woman who called herself "Thi". I emailed her. She sent an email back to me, with her telephone number. I called her. We agreed to meet after work at a café for a cup of coffee. We liked each other. We did not need to date each other for more than four months before we got married, on August 22d, 2009. Thi and I are still happily married today. I have not been as happy as I am now since the age of nine, when my life began going downhill.

I would like to ask you a question, bborg. If you do not meet people as a means to anything, what do you meet them for? You just like to meet people? I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that. But it is not my cup of tea. I guess that I am not as much of a "social animal" as many other people are. I am more of a loner.

I would like to ask you a question, bborg. If you do not meet people as a means to anything, what do you meet them for? You just like to meet people? I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that. But it is not my cup of tea. I guess that I am not as much of a "social animal" as many other people are. I am more of a loner.

The goal is independence. I can now go out and have fun with people instead of stewing in my apartment complaining about how irrational they are. I can date a variety of women and discover what I really want from the fairer sex, instead of taking the first one who comes along out of desperation. Do you know the expression, "the world is your oyster"?

The goal is independence. I can now go out and have fun with people instead of stewing in my apartment complaining about how irrational they are. I can date a variety of women and discover what I really want from the fairer sex, instead of taking the first one who comes along out of desperation. Do you know the expression, "the world is your oyster"?

OK, fair enough, bborg. You do not want to have to merely settle for the first woman who happens to come along. You want to find the very best woman you can. That is certainly a valid reason for speed dating.

Btu - then you *do* have a purpose when you speed date - don´t you? So you are not doing it just for its own sake - are you?

OK, fair enough, bborg. You do not want to have to merely settle for the first woman who happens to come along. You want to find the very best woman you can. That is certainly a valid reason for speed dating.

Btu - then you *do* have a purpose when you speed date - don´t you? So you are not doing it just for its own sake - are you?

Actually I meant it the way I wrote it. Thanks for posting.