Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul's Here

Earth Hour Ideal: North Korea

4 posts in this topic

This is the goal of the environmentalist celebration of earth hour: To turn us all into North Korea at night.

northkorea-at-night.jpg

Hilarious moment on TV last night, main French channel was showing the Eiffel Tower about to be switched off. Then the presenter gives his advice, please switch off all electronics so as to save energy and the climate change thing too, and then he kinda had a micropause and frantically said "but don't switch off your TV! We still have 20 minutes of the Journal to go through!"

Typical green - "everybody else, but not me" :D

This is the goal of the environmentalist celebration of earth hour: To turn us all into North Korea at night.

northkorea-at-night.jpg

The one dot of light in N.K. is Kim Il Crazy's palace.

Think of N.K. as Starnesville the size of a country.

Bob Kolker

That's the location of the capital Pyeongyang.

On most days you'll see more light than that emanating from North Korea. Mostly in and around Pyeongyang and a few other important government industrial/military areas. However, those areas experience long periods of blackouts. The rest of the cities have something that I wouldn't call blackouts, since they might get electricity for only a couple hours a few times a year. Since North Korea is cold, especially in the winter, most people burn wood to warm their homes. It is backbreaking and tiresome labour just to get some heat--you can read a description of it in Charles Robert Jenkins autobiography, "The Reluctant Communist: My Desertion, Court-Martial, and Forty-Year Imprisonment in North Korea."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0