Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vespasiano

Sachertorte

7 posts in this topic

A picture will have to do for now . . .

sachertorte1_1.jpg

Which coffee house serves the best in Vienna, in your opinion? I've always found Sacher's to be too dry...

You couldn't go wrong at Café Demel. And, the pastries there are mind-boggling:

239472_1313480021_7017270295_b.jpg

Then . . . there is always the venerable Café Central:

239481_506405391_0453e90215_b.jpg

Which coffee house serves the best in Vienna, in your opinion? I've always found Sacher's to be too dry...

You couldn't go wrong at Café Demel. And, the pastries there are mind-boggling:

239472_1313480021_7017270295_b.jpg

Then . . . there is always the venerable Café Central:

239481_506405391_0453e90215_b.jpg

Ah, I find Demel too sweet and marzipan-fond... but Central is good, I like their Turkish coffee!

How about near the Musikverein? Did you ever try the tiny sushi place in the market on the other side of that huge plaza?

My Vienna experience has been very limited and, certainly, not enough to have included sushi. As for cafes near the Musikverein, what about Schwarzenberg . . . I've never been, but it's said to be good.

Poor marzipan . . . it don't get no respect! :)

My Vienna experience has been very limited and, certainly, not enough to have included sushi. As for cafes near the Musikverein, what about Schwarzenberg . . . I've never been, but it's said to be good.

Most sushi in Vienna is typical European - i.e. it will feed you, but nothing special (still beats the UK). That place, whose name I cannot recall, is, however, a proper place with sushi master (who doesn't speak English nor, from what I saw, German) and apprentice. Splendid, beautiful. Full of Japanese expats all the time. Not a very useful recommendation though... well as you walk down that long market place, from the Musikverein side, it's on the left somewhere near the middle :) (it's about 2mx2m). And so cheap too... (although not as cheap as the 10 euros all you can eat sushi belt place next door - 3 hours there left us full, very full!)

I'll check out Schwarzenberg next time I'm there, thanks for the recc!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0