Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnRgt

Mr Koeningsegg on jaylenosgarage.com

3 posts in this topic

The "kid" that launched one of the world's most unique automotive concerns stopped by Leno's garage:

~18.5 minute video

I appreciate handling above all else in a car. Koeningseggs haven't been at the pinnacle of that criterion but they do a whole bunch of other stuff, very, very well.

This young man will also be the driving force behind the just salvaged Saab. (There's a deal. K gets massive manufacturing, testing, and design facilities for the price of a decent wind tunnel, one of which is included in the $75M purchasing price.)

http://www.koenigsegg.com/

This young man will also be the driving force behind the just salvaged Saab.

This is wrong.

K tried to buy Saab, but the concern ended up in the hands of another small car manufacturer, Spyker.

(I hope no one bought stock based on this post . . .)

This young man will also be the driving force behind the just salvaged Saab.

This is wrong.

K tried to buy Saab, but the concern ended up in the hands of another small car manufacturer, Spyker.

(I hope no one bought stock based on this post . . .)

I have a lot of respect for Koeningsegg, not only because of this creation of his, but also because of his desire to save Saab from GM. He set in place the financial plan that in the end was passed onto another Super-car creator, Victor Muller. Between these two, Saab (a brand I am very attached to) was rescued from GM who nearly destroyed it. They never understood what Saab was about. That men of this calibre saw the virtues of Saab, gives me great hope that the brand will once more return to the values that set it apart from the mainstream cars.

My father who grew up in Holland used to tell me of Spyker, a Dutch luxury brand that went out of business in the twenties. Victor resurrected the name and has set about building his super-cars. They are about a third the price of a Koeningsegg ( which is around a million dollars) and as idiosyncratic as any Saab has ever been. This makes them available to the less well-heeled, yet perform in line with what they cost.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0