PaperDetective

Tea Parties vs. Open Immigration. My contradiction and dilema.

205 posts in this topic

There wasn't a physical attack

That is an excellent point. You should tell that to the person who titled that video, and to the people who link to it without specifying that the title is a lie.

The title did not say physically attacked, the title said attacked.

Now I looked at the definition of an attack in the dictionary and here is what it says for the first few definitions.

–verb (used with object) 1. to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with: He attacked him with his bare hands. 2. to begin hostilities against; start an offensive against: to attack the enemy. 3. to blame or abuse violently or bitterly.

Now I consider the death threats, and the aggressive stuff said to her, to be an attack by both definition 1 and 3.

I recommend rereading your posts, people could construe them as defamation.

Now I consider the death threats, and the aggressive stuff said to her, to be an attack by both definition 1 and 3.

That's OK, I'll just equivocate my way out of it with nonsense about how "lie" also means "to be in a horizontal position".

That's OK, I'll just equivocate my way out of it with nonsense about how "lie" also means "to be in a horizontal position".

First of all, I posted that video without referring to the title, as evidence of Michelle Malkins life not being safe.

You evade the content of the video to focus on just the title. You interpret the title as a lie.

I point out that it is not a lie by several of the main definitions of the dictionary, and now you claim it is equivocating.

Instead of responding to evidence, in this thread, you have accused me of things, and treated me with a fundamental disrespect. I will therefore no longer debate with you and to be quite frank, I am rather disgusted.

First of all, I posted that video without referring to the title, as evidence of Michelle Malkins life not being safe.

You evade the content of the video to focus on just the title. You interpret the title as a lie.

I point out that it is not a lie by several of the main definitions of the dictionary, and now you claim it is equivocating.

Instead of responding to evidence, in this thread, you have accused me of things, and treated me with a fundamental disrespect. I will therefore no longer debate with you and to be quite frank, I am rather disgusted.

Substantive comments have been in deficit in most of his posts on this matter. Sweeping, vague denunciations based on one fact blown out of all context and proportion is a favored tactic of many kinds of people.

I have arrived at OCON and see that this thread needs attention. I am closing this thread for now until I can deal with it tomorrow morning.