Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gweg

Looks like Rand Paul will win Senate Primary

3 posts in this topic

He is the son of Ron Paul. His first name is Randal but I suspect that choice and the nickname might be due to Ayn Rand. he has a big lead in the polls agaist a GOP up and comer. From looking at his website he seems like a younger better version of his father.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/issues/

He seems alot better on Defense issues and I particulary like the emphasis he gives to the issue of entanglements in the U.N. and other such awful organizations. I have seen him called the Tea Party's Obama. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's hard to imagine how awesome it would be to have a man like this in the White House.

He is the son of Ron Paul. His first name is Randal but I suspect that choice and the nickname might be due to Ayn Rand. he has a big lead in the polls agaist a GOP up and comer. From looking at his website he seems like a younger better version of his father.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/issues/

He seems alot better on Defense issues and I particulary like the emphasis he gives to the issue of entanglements in the U.N. and other such awful organizations. I have seen him called the Tea Party's Obama. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's hard to imagine how awesome it would be to have a man like this in the White House.

According to him, his name was not due to Ayn Rand, although he calls himself an admirer and discusses this here:

And, for the Tea Party's sake, I hope he is NOT the "Tea Party's Obama"... whatever that means. It's always bad to use a comparison like that when the aspect you're comparing is not the most notable aspect of the person... i.e. we won't call him the "Tea Party's Hitler", although he was a great speaker as well (I can only presume that's what is being referred to here).

I think the comparison is mainly based on the fairly instantaneous rise from obscurity to poster child. Obama quickly became the face of the of the democratic resurgence and Rand Paul has all of a sudden become a prominent face of the tea party movement. I am just happy for any thing that takes away from Sarah Palin'srole in leading anything.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0