mweiss

Dept of Children & Youth Services Harassment

6 posts in this topic

Apparently someone called in an anonymous complaint about my daughter saying inappropriate things like 'throw me in the garbage' and that she was touching herself "inappropriately" and they started an investigation. It had to be one of her teachers, but they should already know she's autistic, as she's been enrolled in a special ed program (IEP) all winter and the school is aware of her peculiar and sometimes disturbing (to them) behavior. She finished her last day of summer school on Thursday, and DCF shows up on Friday. The teacher of that program doesn't communicate with us like her regular school teachers do. Two years ago, the regular teachers called us in for a meeting about Amanda's strange behavior and 'disturbing' speech, thinking she was sexually-abused. We all reached an understanding that this was a result of her autism and her speech is rather random, putting together phrases out of things she's heard, in no particular order. I suspect this summer school teacher was too ignorant to realize what Amanda's condition was and too pragmatic to understand the consequences of her actions. And indeed they can be grave, as, given the wrong kind of response, a number of people can end up dead, over what should have been treated as just a normal part of Amanda's behavior.

Apparently, any anon person can file a report, true or not and they investigate. Hopefully her regular school teachers will straighten it out as they understand her behavior. This must have come from either the bus driver or a substitute teacher. Amanda frequently says "I don't like Mrs. Morales!", so I think maybe she's giving that teacher a hard time in school and she does say things like "put me in the garbage" when she doesn't want to do something she's told to do.

Amanda, my daughter, will go from adorable and happy to an absolute miserable and uncooperative kid at the drop of a hat, when asked to do something she doesn't want to do. One of the ways she expresses dislike for a requested duty is to say "I wanna die" or "wanna throw Amanda in the garbage!" She will sometimes make the subject the person asking her to do the task, "wanna through <person's name> in the garbage!"

I told the caseworker who came to my door this morning that she's been diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder, and the caseworker said she was unaware of that. At any rate, I told them this is nothing new and no, I don't want cooperate with their investigation and to leave us alone. If they want more info, they can talk to her regular teachers who can explain it, since DCF by nature doesn't trust parents.

Between the tax assessment/back taxes harassment, the building code enforcement harassment and now this, life in these United States has become pretty unpleasant. We live in the middle of the woods, but this year, for some strange reason, we have been acosted by more federal, state and local agencies showing up at our door (including five visits from the Census Bureau workers).. they have become worse than the Jehovah's Witnesses that would show up once a year.

Mary Ann is considering sending Amanda to the Philippines to live with relatives over there, since it is becoming unsafe for a child to live in Marxist America. In the past, I would have shunned the idea, but now I'm not so sure that it IS safe here, when any anonymous jerk can call in a complaint, bogus or not and the DCF can become like the shark bite that you can't shake loose. I know how much damage this agency has done to other families over false complaints.

Not long ago, DCF had a run-in with a neighbor of a friend of mine. I was outraged when I heard about it: ten year old boy crashes his motor bike into my friend's mailbox and bruises himself pretty bad. Next day at school, the nurse reports his injuries to DCF. DCF sends the police to arrest the father and abduct the boy and his sister from the household. They have the children in custody for 4 days. Eventually they were forced to listen to my friend's witness testimony (initially they would ignore him and were hell-bent on carrying out their SWAT-style raid on this man's home) and the children were returned, with no apology. Apparently you can't sue the state for this kind of criminal negligance, as I know the man involved and he wouldn't hesitate to bring the wrath of the legal system down on anyone who would mess with his family like that. Heck, he seemed like the type who would make you have a little "accident" in a back alley if you messed with his kids. As for his kids, they have been irreparably bruised by the abduction incident and all the court appearances. DCF, while it may sound like a well-intentioned agency in principal, is really on a power trip.

Things have really changed in the last decade, and now, with a Communist in DC, the lefty wackos are feeling fully-empowered to carry out there dirty tricks of tyranny on the people.

We are now seriously, for the first time, considering home-schooling our little girl, and pulling her OUT of the public indoctrination system. I have a lot of reseach to do on the matter. And teaching an autistic (vaccine-damaged) child is an arduous task. The other option is to remove her from this terrible country and bring her somewhere where she can obtain a proper education, where the state is not the adversary of the parent. I have had it with all the government harassment, since the mid '70s with the IRS, to the state tax levies in the '80s, property taxes in the '90s, building code enforcement in the 2000s, and now this.. this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. To be falsely accused of a heinous act(s) against our daughter, based on utterly irrational pleadings of a coward who is too afraid to go on the record with a complaint, and the agency that will take any anon complaint and investigate it. Just knowing that those bastards have a history of abducting children, often for the wrong reasons, is enough to raise my rage to irrational levels. I'm furious, and I fear what I may do to them if they show up again with any violent intents.

I had to vent. Since nearly all my friends are left wing nutcases, this seems the only place safe in which to speak my mind...

I'm very sorry to hear of these problems. It does sound like home schooling might be best, or even moving, in the face of such unfairness and idiocy. (Though I'm more optimistic than you are about America's future). I wish you and your family the best.

You and your neighbor should each independently complain to your state senator about DCF. Also look for other people who have been harassed by that agency.

Another state would probably be better than the Philippines.

Thank you both for your input. However, I am not as optimistic about the future of things here. We're on the inevitable path to confiscation of our home and armed confrontation with the eviction authorities at some point, but this new DCF situation is yet another surprise in the growing list of harassments we are undergoing from the American government.

Having lived in the Philippines before, I can attest that I hate the endless hot weather. The beggars are also a nuisance. But at least the government is not so pervasive over there. There is more freedom to do as you please on your property--you just have to have good fences to keep others from squatting on it, as was the case with my wife's parents' home there. I just feel uncomfortable with the idea of not having my firearms with me and my home theater/hi-fi system. I go crazy if I don't get a weekly dose of very loud music of my choice. If it wasn't for that 'ball and chain', I could live in a Winnebago and bum around the country. But I'm a rooted person. Have lived in the same house for 44 years. I have zero tolerance for encroaching authority, especially when I pay nearly everything I earn in property taxes.

In 2005, I traveled along the eastern seaboard looking for prospective new places to live. But I wasn't happy with any of them. The Carolinas have unbreatheable air quality. Florida is too close to sea level and too many hurricanes. Many areas down south have corruption to the core of their legal systems. And the clincher is that I was unable to find a real estate agent to list my makeshift, self-built house. No one wants responsibility for that sale. And 'for sale by owner' hasn't netted any interest. Too bad the Assessor refuses to take those things into account when setting the randsom on my home.

So I'm stuck here, trying to make ends meet. We may soon be living on generator power, as with rising costs, electricity is a luxury we can't afford anymore. The problem with that is that the power company reports to the Health Dept when they disconnect, as under the law, it declares property uninhabitable without running water and working toilets. Damned these burocrats forcing their way of life on me!

Reseach on home schooling and whether it is legal in my state will be my extra credit homework this month.

Repairing my rotted, collapsing roof, section by section, continues to be an emergency priority.

Finding more work and income is another. But my energy and health are not what they were 40 years ago. It's very difficult to haul 2x12s up to the roof all afternoon, pry apart, cut through, demolish rotted sections of a shed roof, while maintaining rain shielding throughout the process, and doing it with an injured back from an auto collision 3 years ago, while still having enough energy to go and market my production services to potential clients. After my property tax installment this past month, my bank account became overdrawn $402, so I had to stop my Google Adwords campaign. I haven't had any work since then. It's a wasteland. So I'm using the time to work on my roof, even though this time next year I may not have a house, having been murdered by the law enforcement officials concerned more about enforcing the will of the State than protecting private property.

What would happen if you let them sell your property to recover taxes? You may be able to buy it back for less than the taxes you owe if it is as hard to sell as you say. It is hard to give advice when one is not in your shoes, but would it help to remember that everyone else is subject to the same bureaucrats, and maybe it's not personal? Please don't let despair override your ability to surmount your problems, as difficult as that may be. Rash decisions may well end up being worse for those you love, than perseverance.

Number one, if I let them take it, I would be living on the street or in my car. It's hard to run a business like mine out of the car. If I were a young man with energy, ambition and dreams, that might not matter, but I don't know how much time I have left. I've outlived nearly all of my relatives, cousins, etc., and I consider myself on borrowed time. I would like to live what months, days or possibly years I have left, in peace, in my own home. I would not want to be alive, suffering in that manner. Living on the street with no shelter in winter is a hellish way to exist. You can't sleep, there's no place to lay down, cops chase you away, other seedy persons will rob you and take your shoes if they can, or whatever else you have.

I had a buddy who ended up homeless when the rent controlled apartments he was living in were the target of eminent domain. He had a heart attack the year before and he found himself sleeping in his truck after that. 3 years later, the police found him dead of hypothermia, parked along the river. I will not let the bastards push me into that situation. If I have to go, then I will make sure that I raise the cost of state-sponsored terrorism when I do. I only hope that something can be worked out. The property is unsaleable and there is trash buried all over the property, since the days of the Great Depression, that's what we did with our trash--there was no pickup service. The house is built from everything from Hotchkiss driveshafts to barn lumber. I couldn't afford to by new lumber, so I trecked around to demolition sites and dragged home steel I-beams, timbers, scrap metal, etc. to build with. Took me 44 years to build the house. I don't have another 44 years to start over again.