Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Elmore

Atlas Statue at Rockefeller, NYC

17 posts in this topic

For some time I've wanted to take my own picture of the Atlas sculpture in the Rockefeller center in New York City. During a recent trip there (my first), I was finally able to do so:

nyc05.jpg

(Any members who'd like to use this photo on their own sites are free to do so provided they credit me as the photographer with a link to PhilElmore.com. You don't have to write to me to ask permission.)

...And here's one I took of the Art Deco Niagara Mohawk building in Syracuse, New York, if anyone finds it worth reproducing.

nimobuilding.jpg

My picture of the Empire State Building looks almost exactly the same.

nyc11.jpg

What is that?

That is a sculpture outside the United Nations. The UN actively promotes disarmament and the eradication of "small arms" throughout the world -- which means that it opposes your Constitutionally protected right to own a firearm. Opposed as I am to their goals I could not resist getting my picture with the sculpture.

Interestingly, the sculpture was very popular with all the other tourists; I had to wait my turn and then hurry to get the shot.

That is a sculpture outside the United Nations.  The UN actively promotes disarmament and the eradication of "small arms" throughout the world -- which means that it opposes your Constitutionally protected right to own a firearm ...

I see. Disgusting.

Hello,

I love that statue (the Atlas). One of the times I was up in NYC, my photographer (ex) girlfriend took a picture of the Atlas from inside St Peter's cathedral across the street. It was awesome; you see the entrance to the cathedral, very regal and majestic, and through the massive doors you see the Atlas, filling up the field of view almost entirely. A truly great vantage point! I have that shot here, and I'll post it whenever I get a chance to scan it in.

--Dan Edge

Phil, thanks for posting the image of the twisted gun sculpture! I've never heard about it before! :D

It's good to be aware of such bold statements.

my photographer (ex) girlfriend took a picture of the Atlas from inside St Peter's cathedral across the street.  It was awesome; you see the entrance to the cathedral, very regal and majestic, and through the massive doors you see the Atlas, filling up the field of view almost entirely.  A truly great vantage point!  I have that shot here, and I'll post it whenever I get a chance to scan it in.

--Dan Edge

yes yes, Dan, please do!

I just love the Empire State in its colors... I don't have any pics unfortunately for you...

These are great...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0