Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RayK

A nice coincidence

1 post in this topic

Today while I was walking up to Nellis Air Force Base's Post Exchange (PX) I noticed a gentleman about 30 yards away coming at me from my peripheral. Although it is usual for a lot of people to be walking into the PX's front entrance at the same time, catching a quick glimpse of this gentleman automatically made me stop and focus on him as I instantly thought I know that face. I was right, that gentleman and I first met during December of 1991 as he was my Command Executive Officer for 1st Intelligence Company, 1st Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Intelligence Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force and his name is Major Edwards. I had not seen him since the Fall of 1996 when he was about to retire after a 26 year Marine Corps career which he had begun as a private. Seeing my old XO automatically brought back fond memories of my time with him and the Marine Corps in general of which I enjoyed very much.

The Marine Corps is very small compared to the other military forces. And although I know that information I would have never thought I would meet him at this PX. So, this truly was a nice coincidence of which my wife took a picture of.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0