Betsy Speicher

We Three Kings (Merritt Fury) [Kindle Edition]

Rate this book   1 vote

1. 1. Rate this book

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

I am really happy this is available for the Kindle. I've begun reading it just this weekend and so far I'm hooked!

YOU'LL WANT TO CHEER!

You'll want to cheer, while reading this novel. When the U.S. State Department tells two-fisted entrepreneur Merritt Fury that it wants him to do everything in his power to please a murderous Saudi prince who has just killed a friend of his -- Fury responds: "Don't 'amicable relations' extend to citizens of your own country, Miss Canan? Property rights? The sanctity of one's person? Criminal assault? ... We capitalists are accustomed to being whipping boys. Only this whipping boy has a strap of his own, and I'll use it."

Nor is Fury the only character who hasn't forgotten what it means to be an American. Police detective Wade Lambert refuses to kowtow to the prince, an important diplomat at the United Nations who's out to get whoever smashed in his criminal brother's head with a brick. But higher-ups with supple spines who want our country transformed into its opposite give the prince carte blanche to go after Fury; and all hell breaks loose.

Readers of Edward Cline's celebrated Sparrowhawk series, about the men and events that led up to the American Revolution, and his Chess Hanrahan detective novels, expect brilliant writing, vivid characters, and striking plot twists. In this book they'll get them in spades.

Note: if you don't own a Kindle device, that's not a problem. Just download Amazon's free Kindle for PC application.