Paul's Here

"The World Turned Upside Down" or Reason vs. Islam

3 posts in this topic

A fascinating and challenging interpretation and understanding of Islam and its goals in the western society is presented here by Melanie Phillips.

It's a 7-parter with Q&A. I'd recommend listening to all. Part 6 has an answer to a question about Israel - US relations.

She was doing fine until she started attacking the idea that science can ever know the origins of life and other matters regarded, by some as, the domain of religion.

She was doing fine until she started attacking the idea that science can ever know the origins of life and other matters regarded, by some as, the domain of religion.

She does make several unfortunate errors (pertaining to religion), but I'm not sure that's what she was saying. Since there is no known origin of life, I think she was saying that scientists' speculation that the origin of life could only have come from some alien "seeding" is just as ridiculous an assumption as their claim that there can be no "creator". While that is not an entirely logical argument (pointing to another's error does not make one's own argument stronger), it brings up the point that when scientists make arbitrary and unfounded assertions, they open themselves up to attack.