Betsy Speicher

A God Who Hates

Rate this book   0 votes

1. 1. Rate this book

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

Wafa Sultan is an American immigrant from Syria who was raised a Muslim. Exhibiting a fiery and independent intelligence, she went on to become a medical doctor in Syria and, after coming to this country, is now a practicing psychiatrist who disavows and comdemns the religion she was raised in.

In her book, A God Who Hates, Sultan explains the nature of Muslim motivation and the religion Muslims developed from a harsh nomadic desert life where food and water were scarce and the main means of survival was raiding and harming one's enemies. She makes the case, with evidence I found shocking, that the primary motivation, even for most of the ex-patriot Arabs-Americans, is to raid and hurt non-Muslims.

When I immigrated to America I discovered right away that the local inhabitants were not proficient in raiding while the expatriot Muslims could not give it up. After I had been in the United States for only a few weeks, an Arab neighbor of mine took me to the supermarket in an attempt to familiarize me with the area we lived in. We went to a Vons market and, once there, she began to open every packet she could, then she began to make holes in the lids of cartons of milk, Jell-O, and cream. Then she made holes in a number of bags of potato chips, packets of paper handkerchiefs, and packets of spaghetti.

I shouted at her disapprovingly: "Dina, what are you doing?"

"May God curse them. They stole our land!"

"Are you doing this to try to get it back?"

"I'm trying to hurt them! You're still new here. Don't you know the owner's Jewish?"

That happened over fifteen years ago when I was a newcomer here. But today I am more firmly convinced than ever that time can do nothing to change this mentality, and the less able a Muslim feels to adapt to his surroundings the more he feels the need to go raiding. He is convinced that he has come to this country to despoil it and to cause harm.

One of the things I came to realize when reading this book is how similar the Muslim mind-set is to that of a criminal as described and explained by Stanton Samenow is his book, Inside the Criminal Mind.

A while ago, I bought books through amazon.co.uk. Since then, typing "amazon" in the address window often brings me to the UK site. Here's the link for Sultan's book on the UK site:

amazon.co.uk

amazon.co.uk added "radical" right before "islam" in the subtitle, so that the book's title now reads:

A God Who Hates: The Courageous Woman Who Inflamed the Muslim World Speaks Out Against the Evils of Radical Islam

Here's the pic of the book on amazon.co.uk:

51eR5ckmLnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No "radical" to be found there.

Hmmmm . . .