Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rozum

introduction

8 posts in this topic

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Adam, I'm a student from Minnesota, and have for five years now immersed myself in the study of Objectivism. Applying Ayn Rand's revolutionary ideas to my own life has completely transformed my character and values and has helped me articulate my life's fundamental purpose. I share Ayn Rand's deep conviction that abstract ideas drive human life and history and am eager to contribute in some small way to the transformation of our wilting culture. However, I acknowledge that I have a lot to learn. I am encouraged by the many intelligent and helpful posts on this forum and hope that I can use it as a resource for my own personal study.

Thank you for the introduction, Adam.

Rozum means reason in Polish. Do you have a Polish background?

Hi Sophia. Yes, I was born in the United States shortly after my parents immigrated from Poland about 25 years ago. Polish was my first language and I continue to use it on a daily basis. Do you possess any Polish background?

Hi rozum. Welcome to the forum :-)

Hi Sophia. Yes, I was born in the United States shortly after my parents immigrated from Poland about 25 years ago. Polish was my first language and I continue to use it on a daily basis. Do you possess any Polish background?

Yes, I was raised in Poland. My family left Poland close to 20 years ago now.

Czy Pani wciaz uzywa jezyk polski?

Czy Pani wciaz uzywa jezyk polski?

Yes, I received most of my formal education in Polish (all except University). Back in college I did some casual work as a translator for an insurance company. These days, I use Polish with family and friends.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0