Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul's Here

Global Warming Strikes Europe

16 posts in this topic

lol

I'm a huge English soccer fan - all my games have been canceled this weekend due to, um, global warming.

Wow, I didn't know BUD airport was closed. I did have to clear about 6 inches of freshly-fallen snow off my car on Saturday, though, so yes, I can confirm that it snowed a hell of a lot! It stopped last evening, but it has continued to be extremely cold. 14°F right now!

Apparently global warming causes weather. Among other things...

ndpt39.jpg

I waded knee deep through cold, white global warming today.

Both ways? :blink:

Yep and today I did it while it was 3 globally warm Fahrenheit degrees.

British Airways aircrafts were parked on the runway overnight. Guess London Heathrow didn't see the global warming coming. Brussels followed shortly after they ran out of de-icing fluid because of the lighter than average snow and freeze due to global warming.

The Taggart Tunnel?

Transportation experts said that after many years without heavy snowfall, underinvestment has left Heathrow and dozens of other airports across Britain and Ireland without enough equipment or personnel to cope with big storms.

"They have concluded they don't need snow clearance equipment, so we don't have the capability when bad weather comes in," aviation consultant Chris Yates said.

EU seeks answers for snow chaos

The Taggart Tunnel?
Transportation experts said that after many years without heavy snowfall, underinvestment has left Heathrow and dozens of other airports across Britain and Ireland without enough equipment or personnel to cope with big storms.

"They have concluded they don't need snow clearance equipment, so we don't have the capability when bad weather comes in," aviation consultant Chris Yates said.

EU seeks answers for snow chaos

Not enough equipment is just an excuse. The real problem has been the physical exhaustion on airport workers due to extremely warm weather that just goes on and on and on. :P And because mountains of snow are cutting down on visibility, there is no end in sight. :blink:

Well, I wouldn't blame the airport - it was probably government policy.

I note British Airways aircrafts are still parked here in Geneva Airport, whilst Easyjet (our Southwest, except with zero service, just pure cheap) and BMI and whichever other UK private sector lines are flying happily to the UK and back.

Richard Branson said BA kept market share and government influence by giving free business/first class flights to all important members of the British government (this is how they screwed every other airline until Virgin). It seems the mentality is carried on: a recent BA flight paralyzed by global warming brought a bus for Madonna and her staff of 15, and left the passengers stranded in the aircraft for a further five hours.

-9F today. I've turned all the radiators off to prevent it from getting colder.

On a related note: Is there any way for humans to hibernate?

Yes: http://www.senate.gov/

This thread piles on the fun more than the piles of lack of snow outside due to global warming.

This thread piles on the fun more than the piles of lack of snow outside due to global warming.

I think you've got it all wrong. Those are not piles of "lack of snow". They are piles of anti-snow, which build up a resemblance to snow as they get higher. The proof is that when you burrow in deep into one of these piles, you start to feel much warmer. In fact, when you engage in shoveling one of these piles, you can really get hot---due to heat transference! Yes, I know, you can put your hand into one of these piles and it will feel cold, but that just shows you how fast is the heat transference factor!

Self induced coma?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0