Abaco

SPLC blames Ayn Rand for Arizona Shooting

12 posts in this topic

Did anybody else catch that? Potoc from Southern Poverty Law Center included Ayn Rand as a motivation for the crazy guy who went on the shooting spree.

Did anybody else catch that? Potoc from Southern Poverty Law Center included Ayn Rand as a motivation for the crazy guy who went on the shooting spree.

He's as crazy as a shooter.

I'm listening to his comments right now. Potoc says that the belief in metal-backed currency is "radical right". Wow! That's amazing.

I'm listening to his comments right now. Potoc says that the belief in metal-backed currency is "radical right". Wow! That's amazing.

And the belief that the government is controlling people with grammar is ...?

And the belief that the government is controlling people with grammar is ...?

I heard that term used in the coverage of this. I have to admit that I don't know what it means. This is what the Loughner alleged, right?

I've seen the news media influence people with words. But, I assume that's not what he's talking about. What I'm thinking of is when I just hear a lie reported as fact, or the use of selective omission. An example would be, "A man robbed and shot a commuter on the train this morning. Be on the lookout for a man." Or, (this one really happened) "President Bush was visiting Lake Tahoe today to learn about the ecology there and many people think his visit is a joke." I laugh when I hear news like that, but I know many don't catch it.

I blame Potoc and his ilk for the death of billions over the 20th century. In my case, it's based on sound evidence, and it's true.

I heard that term used in the coverage of this. I have to admit that I don't know what it means. This is what the Loughner alleged, right?

I wouldn't try to understand it, since Laughner is not motivated by any particular ideology. My guess is that they will claim he has schitzophrenia (this is about the age that it sets in for a lot of men). He was at minimum suffering of paranoia because of his mind control ideas.

He had a lot of anti-government conspiracies, including the belief that people were being controlled with words and grammar. He used to repeatedly accuse people of being illiterate. Apparently he went to a Gifford town meeting type event in 2007 and asked her, "What is government if words have no meaning?" Gifford was understandably confused by this question. Laughner's best friend said that Laughner held a grudge against her ever since she did not sufficiently answer his question, in his view.

This Mother Jones article is actually a cut above the rest of the left, because instead of blaming Tea Parties and Ayn Rand they try to figure out the facts about Laughner: http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/01/ja...l-phone-message

People tend to use shocking events of this kind to search for answers. They ask Why? and recheck their premises. It's healthy, ultimately.

Here is another good article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0624213434.html

found at Ace-of-Spades:

http://minx.cc/?post=310642

The media response to the Arizona shooting has been disturbing, as any pretense for objectivity has finally been dropped.

We were urged not to "rush to judgment" or "speculate" on the motives of a Muslim who yelled "Allah Akbar" before opening fire on a crowd, but vigorously encouraged to blame Sarah Palin and "the Right-Wing" for the suicidal-rampage of a registered-Independent schizophrenic who never voiced a political thought in his life other than incoherent rambling about grammar and mind-control.

We were lashed at by the Mainstream Media (MSM) for the "violent rhetoric" coming from those politically on the Right, yet this same MSM was silent for the 8 years we endured of Leftists--Politicians--making jokes on TV about assassinating Bush along with the hordes of radical Leftist "peace"-protestors who burned effigies of Bush and displayed signs and mock-scenes portraying his beheading, along with explicitly calling for his murder.

The veil is down, the pretense of authority or objectivity is finally gone. It's war, and we are in their bull-eye, we are the ones who need to be bullied into silence with inflammatory rhetoric, at least until the time comes when we can be sent to re-education camps in Gulags.

Stop watching the MSM, except for Fox. Stop giving them ratings. Stop enabling them. These are organizations funded by and guided by sick minds like George Soros.

Here is another good article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0624213434.html

found at Ace-of-Spades:

http://minx.cc/?post=310642

The media response to the Arizona shooting has been disturbing, as any pretense for objectivity has finally been dropped.

We were urged not to "rush to judgment" or "speculate" on the motives of a Muslim who yelled "Allah Akbar" before opening fire on a crowd, but vigorously encouraged to blame Sarah Palin and "the Right-Wing" for the suicidal-rampage of a registered-Independent schizophrenic who never voiced a political thought in his life other than incoherent rambling about grammar and mind-control.

We were lashed at by the Mainstream Media (MSM) for the "violent rhetoric" coming from those politically on the Right, yet this same MSM was silent for the 8 years we endured of Leftists--Politicians--making jokes on TV about assassinating Bush along with the hordes of radical Leftist "peace"-protestors who burned effigies of Bush and displayed signs and mock-scenes portraying his beheading, along with explicitly calling for his murder.

The veil is down, the pretense of authority or objectivity is finally gone. It's war, and we are in their bull-eye, we are the ones who need to be bullied into silence with inflammatory rhetoric, at least until the time comes when we can be sent to re-education camps in Gulags.

Stop watching the MSM, except for Fox. Stop giving them ratings. Stop enabling them. These are organizations funded by and guided by sick minds like George Soros.

I can understand your points and agree with them. I would add or at least offer that what you mention about media is nothing new.

During the Vietnam War the North Vietnamese attacked during what has become known as the Tet Offensive which America's media reported totally false information. For example; Walter Cronkite (the supposed most trusted newsman of this time) stated "we are mired in stalemate." The truth is that the North Vietnamese's loses were staggering and devastating as they lost almost every man during the offense. In other words, American troops annihilated the enemy and our media outlets reported that we were at a stalement and that the "war was unwinnable." The North Vietnamese kept close daily observations of America's morale to fight (the anti-war movement) as they knew they did not have the military strength to win. The North Vietnamese instead attempted to control America's public opinion and morale by making it look like the American military was losing and that the "war was unwinnable." Our media gave false information or restricted the information to the American public which worked very will in causing America to ask for peace talks with a military that we were beating. I offer that those that had the correct/true information and print the opposite or false information as just as evil as those we are fighting.