Oakes

TIA Print Delay

55 posts in this topic

I just got my request for annual subscription renewal. WOW. It's been a whole year since I last subscribed. ;)

With three issues left to go in the current subscription it's prudent to at least wait to see how long that will take.

I just got my request for annual subscription renewal. WOW. It's been a whole year since I last subscribed. ;)

With three issues left to go in the current subscription it's prudent to at least wait to see how long that will take.

Unfortunately, the subscription letter does not state how many issues I have left. Nor does it say how long the subscription is for. It does say that I will get one free issue for renewing before April. For all I know, it may take a year for my current subscription to run out. I doubt if I'll renew anyway. I don't really read that much of each issue, and I've lost interest in looking forward to something that never comes on time.

Remember the great days of The Objectivist Forum and the early years of TIA? When the issues arrived regularly (and, as I recall, there were higher standards of writing clarity, including spelling)? And I'm sure those two standard-holders, The Objectivist and The Objectivist Newsletter, were on time, too.

Maybe it's time for someone to start a new publication that Objectivists and students of Objectivism can rely on. Or has one already been started?

Remember the great days of The Objectivist Forum and the early years of TIA? When the issues arrived regularly (and, as I recall, there were higher standards of writing clarity, including spelling)? And I'm sure those two standard-holders, The Objectivist and The Objectivist Newsletter, were on time, too.

Maybe it's time for someone to start a new publication that Objectivists and students of Objectivism can rely on. Or has one already been started?

Surely you've heard of The Objective Standard! It's a great publication.

And I'm sure those two standard-holders, The Objectivist and The Objectivist Newsletter, were on time, too.

The Objectivist was many months behind in the last year or two.