Henrik Unné

Three incendiary essays on my own blog

4 posts in this topic

Betsy once remarked that a great advantage which derives from owning your very own site on the net, is that *noone* can silence you - for you are "speaking on your own property" - whenever you say something unpopular on your own site. Well, that comment of Betsy´s is *so* true. I know that from my own experience.

Therefore, I have chosen to present certain *incendiary* views of mine in three very long, new essays which I have just posted on my very own blog. Noone can delete these essays, because *I* own that blog. Most of the pieces on that blog have, so far, been written in the Swedish language. But recently I have posted three essays wirtten in English, which I suspect will be of interest to the readers of this Forum.

My first essay - "Objectivism - Rot at the Top" - presents my views on the controversy which the book "The Logical leap" as given rise to. My view can be summarized as - "Mssrs. Peikoff, Binswanger and Harriman are now in the same category as David Kelley. I.e. they are no longer genuine Objectivists." Of course, I would be amazed if I am *not* promptly "thrown out of the Objectivist movement" as soon as the individuals whom I am criticizing find out about the existence of this essay. But as I state in the essay - "I would rather be a genuine Objectivist *in my own `eyes´, than be an `officially approved´ Objectivist in the eyes of others".

The second essay - "Summa Contra Xenophobia" - deals with my views on the question of free immigration. Yes, *of course* I make "sweeping moral condemnations" in that essay. Those of you who know me will not be surprised. But my "sweeping moral condemnations" are not *arbitrary*. For the very reason that that essay is so very long, is that I back up my pronouncements of moral judgment in it, with a wealth of facts and rational aruments.

The third essay - "Who the H-ll is Henrik Unné?" - answers the question which many readers of my other two essays are almost certain to ask - "How can some obscure grassroots Objectivist from the boondocks of faroff Sweden imagine that he is qualified to pronounce a negative moral judgment on such luminaries as Dr. Peikoff, Dr. Binswanger and Dr. Harriman - and on the *many* individuals all around the world who oppose free immigration?" This essay presents my "intellectual credentials". But mostly, it just explains the fact that I am on the premise that - "I do know what I in fact know", and therefore I am not afraid to pronounce unqualified moral judgments. Even on men, such as Dr. Peikoff and Dr. Binswanger, who I know can run circles around me in "theoretical philosophy". This third essay is, like the other two, *very* long (but, hey, it´s my own friggin´ blog, ain´t it?), but taking the trouble to read it through will give you a good idea of "where I am coming from".

Here is a link to my blog, which you can click on, if you want to read some really incendiary debate pieces.

http://www.henrik-unne.blogspot.com/

At least noone will disagree with me when I say that I do not mince my words, and I do not pull my punches!

By the way, there is no "debate" function on my blog. My blog is not a forum, like Forum.4AynRandFans. So if you disagree with the views which I express in my three essays, you will not be able to argue against me. Sorry.

It is not that I want to prevent people from arguing against me. It is just that I would need to hire professional help, if I wanted to set up the kind of functions which would enable my site to become a discussion forum open to the public. And I am *very* short on money, so there is not a chance in h-ll that I would be able to afford to hire any such professional help. I trust that everyone here is aware that I am *not* afraid of letting other people argue against me. I just *love* to argue with people (with the single exception of my wife, but I get into lots of arguments with her too, unfortunately!).

Betsy once remarked that a great advantage which derives from owning your very own site on the net, is that *noone* can silence you - for you are "speaking on your own property" - whenever you say something unpopular on your own site. Well, that comment of Betsy´s is *so* true. I know that from my own experience.

I'm glad Henrik now has a place where he can post, under his own name and banner, anything he wishes. Needless to say, there is no connection between Henrik's new blog and THE FORUM other than it is a site where you are now able to read the kind of posts I do not, and did not, allow Henrik to post on THE FORUM.

By the way, there is no "debate" function on my blog. My blog is not a forum, like Forum.4AynRandFans. So if you disagree with the views which I express in my three essays, you will not be able to argue against me. Sorry.

It is not that I want to prevent people from arguing against me. It is just that I would need to hire professional help, if I wanted to set up the kind of functions which would enable my site to become a discussion forum open to the public. And I am *very* short on money, so there is not a chance in h-ll that I would be able to afford to hire any such professional help. I trust that everyone here is aware that I am *not* afraid of letting other people argue against me. I just *love* to argue with people (with the single exception of my wife, but I get into lots of arguments with her too, unfortunately!).

One way around this is to post a link to each blog post on Facebook. Then people who want to debate or comment on the article can do it there at no cost to you.

One way around this is to post a link to each blog post on Facebook. Then people who want to debate or comment on the article can do it there at no cost to you.

I plan to "advertise" my blog, and the three afore-mentioned essays in particular, as widely as possible. I have already thought of several places on the net where I can give my blog publicity. I have not yet had time to publicize my blog in any other places on the net than this forum. Unfortunately, I do not have much spare time on my hands, since almost I leave home at 5:30 AM every morning on weekdays, and to not get home until roughly 7:00 PM. Then at least one and a half hours are devoted to eating dinner and spending time with my wife. So I get hardly any time to surf the net on weekdays. It is only on the weekends that I get time which I can devote to such activities as writing posts for the Forum and my own blog, and publicizing them.

Right now, it is early on Saturday morning here in Sweden, so right now I am just getting started with this weekend´s activities on the net. Thanks for the tip about Facebook, Betsy. I will try to do what I can with it.