Laars

Where to get my own Galt cigarettes?

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there is any way to get my own Dollar sign cigarettes and carton. It seems pretty cool to me to have my own, and to smoke them when I want to celebrate (in a symbolic way) certain moments of great achievement in my life.

So, does anyone know a way to get Dollar signed cigarettes? Is there some kind of webshop where you are able to print your own patterns on cigarettes and cartons? Maybe this idea has already occurred to somebody here, and is a solution already been found.

Thank you in advance.

Post Scriptum: I thought this topic was placed best in this area of THE Forum, please correct me if not so.

So, does anyone know a way to get Dollar signed cigarettes? Is there some kind of webshop where you are able to print your own patterns on cigarettes and cartons? Maybe this idea has already occurred to somebody here, and is a solution already been found.

Random House had some custom-made by famed tobacconist Nat Sherman for the press party for Atlas Shrugged in 1957 and others have ordered them from Sherman since then. Unfortunately, legislation just passed has caused Sherman to discontinue mail order sales.

Due to the enactment of new Federal legislation, Nat Sherman will no longer be able to honor and ship your mail orders for our all natural cigarette products. President Obama signed into law earlier this month the “Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act” (PACT Act). While the intent of this law is to end cigarette smuggling, which we support, the unintended consequence on law-abiding business, like ours, will make it illegal to ship cigarettes thru the U.S. Postal Service. Other carriers, such as Federal Express and United Parcel Service have previously ceased the delivery of tobacco products to individual consumers.

It has been our pleasure to be able to service you directly in the past and sincerely hope you will continue to enjoy your Nat Sherman brand of choice. To that end, we invite you to visit our “Store Locator”. By entering your zip-code, you will be able to locate retailers who carry our brands in your area. If your local retailer does not stock your preferred Nat Sherman brand, let us know and we will have our sales representative contact and encourage them to do so. We are sorry for the inconvenience this new legislation will cause, and hope you will continue to enjoy our all natural tobacco cigarettes. (link)

I was wondering if there is any way to get my own Dollar sign cigarettes and carton. It seems pretty cool to me to have my own, and to smoke them when I want to celebrate (in a symbolic way) certain moments of great achievement in my life.

Is destroying your lung tissue and mucous membrane a way of celebrating the great achievements of your life?

ruveyn

Is destroying your lung tissue and mucous membrane a way of celebrating the great achievements of your life?

They're not for smoking, silly. They're for putting on your coffee table as a conversation piece.

They're not for smoking, silly. They're for putting on your coffee table as a conversation piece.

Silly Aspergarian me. Taking the English language literally again. I am a hopeless case.

Thank you for the correction.

ruveyn

Aspergarian nothing. You have been smoking dried asparagus stems again. Clearly "smoking" means "coffee table", even though you have to strain to get it: hiding under the table smoking coffee beans isn't exactly cigarettes.

I started reading Ayn Rand while travelling across the world, and I can only describe the impact it made on me by telling that not one fellow traveller did not know about her books/ideas after they met me. After travelling for a while, I made it to Laos, where I was stranded in a lovely town called Luang Prabang. This is where I met a local lao guy selling cigarettes out of his homemade vending cart, and as a smoker, I went to buy a packet. With a shock, I saw it between the rest of his local merchandise: the dollar packet.

So a couple of years later, I'm still trying to find the brand online, but I'm not succesful in my search. Luckely I saw the importance of the thing back then as I made a picture, a good thing as I lost the packet the same night... I didn't find a packet like this one again in Asia, nor did I smoke a cigarette that was as disgusting :P

Did I find Galt's Gulch... Hidden in the mountains of northern Laos between oppressing china, moving Myanmar, and the old communist hideouts of Southeast Asia? Well, maybe. Sadly the government "forbids" you to travel to parts of northern Laos. A fellow backpacker told me of heaps of resistance by the authorities while trying to travel to places off the beaten track (and this is almost impossible there cause of the lack of infrastructure). He also described the people as afraid and not willing to tell about the great amounts of military he saw there.

Well, enough History HD like conspiracy theories: The dollar cigarettes exist!

post-34981-0-99156000-1381862774_thumb.p