Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vespasiano

Schubert's "Trout" Quintet: A Live Performance

2 posts in this topic

Every year, in February or March, a day comes along that sings of spring and anticipates summer. Today was that day in the New York area. In celebration, here is Part 1 of a superb performance of Franz Schubert's delightful Trout Quintet (1819/1829) as performed in Aldeburgh, England in 1977 by the Amadeus Quartet with the great Clifford Curzon doing the honors at the piano. Enjoy!

First Movement

If you would like to hear more, my YouTube playlist featuring the complete performance can be found at the link below. Do have a listen to Part 4, the theme and variations from which this Piano Quintet in A Major receives its title.

Enjoy!

Franz Schubert: Piano Quintet in A Major (the "Trout") (D. 667) -- COMPLETE

Every year, in February or March, a day comes along that sings of spring and anticipates summer. Today was that day in the New York area. In celebration, here is Part 1 of a superb performance of Franz Schubert's delightful Trout Quintet (1819/1829) as performed in Aldeburgh, England in 1977 by the Amadeus Quartet with the great Clifford Curzon doing the honors at the piano. Enjoy!

First Movement

If you would like to hear more, my YouTube playlist featuring the complete performance can be found at the link below. Do have a listen to Part 4, the theme and variations from which this Piano Quintet in A Major receives its title.

Enjoy!

Franz Schubert: Piano Quintet in A Major (the "Trout") (D. 667) -- COMPLETE

I've just realized that my complete Playlist for the Schubert was set for "Private" viewing. That has now been corrected -- everyone can view it now. Happy listening!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0