Betsy Speicher

Battle: Los Angeles (2011)

Rate this movie   5 votes

1. 1. Artistic Merit

2. 2. Sense of Life or Personal Value

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

I have not seen the movie, but my son saw the it and said he enjoyed it. After reading the review I must comment on one part that is truly fiction, Marines not swearing. I can let all the other things slide as I put myself into the writer's and director's world, but Marines that do not swear is just beyond belief. :)

I have not seen the movie, but my son saw the it and said he enjoyed it. After reading the review I must comment on one part that is truly fiction, Marines not swearing. I can let all the other things slide as I put myself into the writer's and director's world, but Marines that do not swear is just beyond belief. :)

That is the mark of a *real* man - the ability to swear!

I went to see this movie today and enjoyed it very much as it does give a good glimpse into what Marines can go through even though the enemy is an alien. But the reviewer from my earlier post is incorrect as there is some swearing by Marines in the movie, but still not enough to make it seem fully realistic. I do offer that this movie is worthy of seeing by almost anyone that enjoys this type of theme.

Well, maybe I'll have to check this movie out. I've been reluctant because I'm getting rather tired tired and bored of these alien invasion movies recently, such as...well, to be honest, I haven't been going to any since Independence Day. The 1953 film of The War of the Worlds was just fine for me. But since Battle: Los Angeles has Marines in it--and I was with Marines for two years--maybe I should see it. (I was a Navy Corpsman serving with the First Radio Battalion out of Hawaii. Are there any Corpsmen in this film??)

Well, maybe I'll have to check this movie out. I've been reluctant because I'm getting rather tired tired and bored of these alien invasion movies recently, such as...well, to be honest, I haven't been going to any since Independence Day. The 1953 film of The War of the Worlds was just fine for me. But since Battle: Los Angeles has Marines in it--and I was with Marines for two years--maybe I should see it. (I was a Navy Corpsman serving with the First Radio Battalion out of Hawaii. Are there any Corpsmen in this film??)

Yes there is a Navy Corpsman in the movie and like most of them that I have met, he is tough and very capable.

I can understand your hesitation but offer that our military force/Marines are the good guys.

This movie is _nothing_ like Independence Day. It's focus is on Marines, Heroism and men in battle. The fact that it's sci-fi is incidental. I saw it for a second time today and loved it even more.

I have not seen the movie, but my son saw the it and said he enjoyed it. After reading the review I must comment on one part that is truly fiction, Marines not swearing. I can let all the other things slide as I put myself into the writer's and director's world, but Marines that do not swear is just beyond belief. :o

That is the mark of a *real* man - the ability to swear!

I feel a lot better now.

:)