Betsy Speicher

Happy Birthday to TexasTeacherMom

11 posts in this topic

Happy birthday TTM. We haven't heard from you in a while. It would be interesting to hear, if it's not too personal, how you have been doing in overcoming some hurdles you had encountered and wrote about here.

Happy Birthday . . . Mom!

Thanks everyone. I have had a lovely day. DH brought my sons and lunch up to work for lunch where my coworkers had a cake. I got a bicycle from my mother, a dressmaker's form from my husband and some gift cards to craft supply stores from my sister and stepmom. It's the first year in a very long while that I knew exactly what to tell people when they asked me what I wanted. I used to have literally NO idea what I wanted, and would say, "Oh, I don't need anything, don't get me anything." This year, I remembered the feeling of joy I have myself when I give someone I love what they want, and so I decided not to deprive others who love me of that joy.

I am making great strides. I have learned that I need to determine a purpose in life for myself, since for so long I let others tell me what that purpose is. My task, as I see it now, is to enjoy every moment possible in every way possible. DH and I have been through some ups and downs as I've been on this path, but I think he is gaining acceptance. We have been to the brink, and then I suppose that reality was "on the winning side" as Ms. Rand would say. He has realized that he loves me, not my religious faith. The thing is, I feel that no matter what I might have lost by living truthfully, it would have been worth it for what I have gained.

I thank you all for remembering me on my birthday. When I first joined this forum, you were like a beacon light giving me faith in what I now know was simply myself. Your patience and thoughtful advice has been like gardening to the seeds of truth within me. It's amazing how a few true words typed between would be strangers can have such an impact on someone's entire life.

TTM, congratulations on all your accomplishments and I look forward to hearing more wonderful things as the years go by.

You've come a long way and I'm so happy for you! Especially considering all the joys you have to look forward to as you continue discovering and pursuing the things you want.

Happy birthday, from the "wrong" timezone. :) Sounds like you had a good day. Kudos on your courage to act on what you know to be true.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting