mweiss

My Latest Concert Recording

8 posts in this topic

The music director of the GBS has uploaded the approved clips from the December concert last week, and I am pleased to present them as examples of my most recent released work.

The concert opens with Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherezade":

Bandwidth-permitting, it is best viewed in 720HD, else the colors look jaggy due to Youtube's compression.

The second half is Christmas music by various composers, including our own local, Leroy Anderson.

The entire library of recordings can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/bridgeportsymphony#p/u

With the new music director, the symphony has embraced my talents as a recording engineer, and made me the official recording service of the GBS, which means regular full-season recording schedules and a small, but steady income.

All I need to do is this X10 and I'll be earning an almost comfortable income.

The music director of the GBS has uploaded the approved clips from the December concert last week, and I am pleased to present them as examples of my most recent released work.

The concert opens with Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherezade":

Nice work! And I love "Scheherezade." That was the first piece of classical music I heard and fell in love with.

Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov was born after the Classical period ended, so his music is actually considered Romantic era. :) But I do enjoy his music, as with Rachmaninoff, too.

Excellent work, Mark! A beautiful, clear recording, especially listening off Youtube.

And, of course, love Sheherezade.

Excellent work, Mark! A beautiful, clear recording, especially listening off Youtube.

It is best heard in the original, uncompressed 24-bit 96KHz master recording, or at least on the Blu-ray version, on a very high end system. There, it's breathtaking. From where I sit, Youtube is like the old 78 Victrola version. :)

It is best heard in the original, uncompressed 24-bit 96KHz master recording, or at least on the Blu-ray version, on a very high end system. There, it's breathtaking. From where I sit, Youtube is like the old 78 Victrola version. :)

Yes, that's what I meant; considering that it has been downgraded to YouTube bit rates, it still comes off well, as compared to other such efforts.

It's somewhat surprising, at least to me, since high dynamic range material doesn't usually survive data compression very well, but in this case, the results were pretty listenable.