Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vespasiano

Summer Music, Part 1

3 posts in this topic

The self-taught, independent, prolific and, sadly, overlooked French composer, Jean Huré, completed his Piano Quintet in 1914 on the eve of World War I. Of this work, Jean-Yves Duperron of Classical Music Sentinel, commented "It is a one-movement work just packed with inventive ideas that come to the surface in rapid succession, like a whirlwind of music sucking up more notes in its path as it moves along. And all this written in a unique style, or possibly a camouflage of many styles of the day all ingested by Jean Huré and combined to create an ever changing canvas."

Indeed! The Quintet is an exquisite work, shimmering with color and pulsing with a unique passion. Perfect music for the long Summer days ahead!

Enjoy!

Jean Huré: Piano Quintet (1914)

The self-taught, independent, prolific and, sadly, overlooked French composer, Jean Huré, completed his Piano Quintet in 1914 on the eve of World War I. Of this work, Jean-Yves Duperron of Classical Music Sentinel, commented "It is a one-movement work just packed with inventive ideas that come to the surface in rapid succession, like a whirlwind of music sucking up more notes in its path as it moves along. And all this written in a unique style, or possibly a camouflage of many styles of the day all ingested by Jean Huré and combined to create an ever changing canvas."

Indeed! The Quintet is an exquisite work, shimmering with color and pulsing with a unique passion. Perfect music for the long Summer days ahead!

Enjoy!

Jean Huré: Piano Quintet (1914)

I did! Beautiful discovery, V. Thank _you_, and nantangren. Also delightful is Amy Beach's Morceaux, which I see you heard.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0