Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vespasiano

The Expressive Voice -- Part 4

3 posts in this topic

Elsewhere on the Forum, I've linked to several recorded performances by the great American dramatic soprano, Eileen Farrell. Miss Farrell was equally at home in the heaviest, most dramatic operatic repertoire and before the microphone in American Songbook standards and popular songs. With everything she sang, however, the soprano brought a crystal clear, true, warm, enveloping, and (in opera at least!) enormous sound, impeccable diction and great communicativeness and expressivity. But, I'll let Miss Farrell's work speak for itself -- here she is singing five popular/folk ballads from her 1959 album entitled "Songs and Ballads". Among the songs are:

- Let My Song Fill Your Heart

- When I Have Sung My Songs

- Danny Boy

- Down By the Sally Gardens

- The Leprechaun

Particularly fine are "When I Have Sung My Songs" and "Danny Boy".

Eileen Farrell: Songs and Ballads (Part 2)

If you enjoyed that, the contents of the entire album can be found at the following YouTube Playlist:

Eileen Farrell: Songs and Ballads (complete)

Elsewhere on the Forum, I've linked to several recorded performances by the great American dramatic soprano, Eileen Farrell. Miss Farrell was equally at home in the heaviest, most dramatic operatic repertoire and before the microphone in American Songbook standards and popular songs. With everything she sang, however, the soprano brought a crystal clear, true, warm, enveloping, and (in opera at least!) enormous sound, impeccable diction and great communicativeness and expressivity. But, I'll let Miss Farrell's work speak for itself -- here she is singing five popular/folk ballads from her 1959 album entitled "Songs and Ballads". Among the songs are:

- Let My Song Fill Your Heart

- When I Have Sung My Songs

- Danny Boy

- Down By the Sally Gardens

- The Leprechaun

Particularly fine are "When I Have Sung My Songs" and "Danny Boy".

Eileen Farrell: Songs and Ballads (Part 2)

If you enjoyed that, the contents of the entire album can be found at the following YouTube Playlist:

Eileen Farrell: Songs and Ballads (complete)

As an addendum, here is Miss Farrell's 1989 performance of the beautiful popular song, "Be a Child" -- the soprano was 69 at the time of this recording.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0