Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul's Here

Happy Birthday, IBM

3 posts in this topic

Since this subject was brought up I just want to warn folks out there that IBM is no longer a good place to work. I know people who worked there in the 60's, 70's and 80's when employees were treated with respect, e.g., if a project you were working on was cancelled you would be assigned to another department/project. There were other benefits also like education to learn new things for your new job - I could go on. Now you are simply laid off no matter if you are a superstar employee or not. Those who do survive layoffs are expected to do the work of two or sometimes three people and for lack of better terms are treated like dirt. Yes, I was laid off too, twice; once as an employee and once as a contractor. At first I thought it was just a simple business decision (and maybe it was) but then I started hearing stories from friends who were still working and expectations for them were as explained above. My purpose in writing this is just to alert anyone, especially younger people (college graduates) that this is not a good company to work for any more - working 60 hours a week and getting paid for 40 is not uncommon. There are better companies to look at for careers. I'll leave it at that.

Since this subject was brought up I just want to warn folks out there that IBM is no longer a good place to work...

You mean they canceled the project on time-shared wireless punch cards and fired everyone working on it? What were they doing that you wanted to work on as an employee or a contractor?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0