Lucrius

Obama Vacation

17 posts in this topic

Obama on Vacation

So should President Obama be vacationing next week in Martha's Vineyard, off the coast of Massachusetts, where the average home costs $650,000?

Yes, says White House press secretary Jay Carney. Obama, like most Americans, needs down time to recharge his batteries for the battles ahead. And besides, he says, "The presidency travels with you.". Maybe not, say some academics, authors and political pundits. While Obama deserves a break, they say, this might not be the time, and Martha's Vineyard might not be the place.

I personally think that if I was the president at a time like this I couldn't even enjoy a vacation with all the issues at hand.

I personally think that if I was the president at a time like this I couldn't even enjoy a vacation with all the issues at hand.

You're not Obama.

You're not Obama.

I am thankful for that much.

Obama on Vacation

So should President Obama be vacationing next week in Martha's Vineyard, off the coast of Massachusetts, where the average home costs $650,000?

Yes, says White House press secretary Jay Carney. Obama, like most Americans, needs down time to recharge his batteries for the battles ahead. And besides, he says, "The presidency travels with you.". Maybe not, say some academics, authors and political pundits. While Obama deserves a break, they say, this might not be the time, and Martha's Vineyard might not be the place.

What makes you think Obama does not enjoy what is going on now. Read up on Saul Alinsky, his intellectual mentor. Here's Hillary's thesis and more here. One of the techniques to acquire power is to overload the system with so many problems, no one can figure out how to handle it, so people accede power to a dictator (See Star Wars where the emperor is voted into power.)

Obama on Vacation

If it's the person's own money then how they spend their relaxation is their business.

It does become an issue when the person vacationing in extravagance that only the top 1% elite of society can afford is a "Progressive" (Marxist) with explicit goals of wealth redistribution, and almost weekly moralizing statements about the need to "pull together", "share sacrifices" and give to others.

It may seem a contradiction to any rational person anywhere, but the contradiction either escapes Obama and the Make-Believe-Media or is irrelevant.

I don't find it to be an accident, for the same reason I didn't think it an accident when at a museum I saw collections of exquisite gold treasures hoarded by the Catholic Church during the mediaeval period while they preached altruism to legions of miserable people living in poverty, or that Al Gore wants me to contract my lifestyle while he never trims his jet-setting life with giant mansions and god knows what else.

... I didn't think it an accident when at a museum I saw collections of exquisite gold treasures hoarded by the Catholic Church during the mediaeval period while they preached altruism to legions of miserable people living in poverty, or that Al Gore wants me to contract my lifestyle while he never trims his jet-setting life with giant mansions and god knows what else.

That is their economic policy of trickle up.

As for the practical aspect of Obama's vacation Mark Levin just had this to say on his radio show:

There are some people telling Obama not to go to Martha's Vinyard. I have a different view. Please go and don't come back until Christmas.

A much longer vacation would be even better -- like permanently, taking Biden with him.

As for the practical aspect of Obama's vacation Mark Levin just had this to say on his radio show:
There are some people telling Obama not to go to Martha's Vinyard. I have a different view. Please go and don't come back until Christmas.

A much longer vacation would be even better -- like permanently, taking Biden with him.

Hopefully, in 15 months, that will come true.

Hopefully, in 15 months, that will come true.
He's toast. Regardless of whether it was the Republicans or Dems who won the debt debate, Obama lost it. Increasingly more commentators of the Left, Right, and Center are starting to turn against The Anointed One.

The debt debate was the first time in Obama's presidency when all anybody wanted was strong leadership and a substantive plan. The Anointed One offered nothing but spineless fuzzy warm words and class warfare, and it pissed virtually everyone off. He's done.

http://minx.cc/?post=320002

Rasmussen: President Obama Approval Rating: 56%

Disapproval: 43%

You know, just when I think people are starting to wake up...

Oh, wait a tick.

I meant his approval rating is 43/56

Even worse:

STRONGLY DISAPPROVE: 43%

STRONGLY APPROVE: 21%

Although there are many things I dislike about the Messiah, the President of the most powerful country in the world should be able to go on holiday - yes, on taxpayer money if necessary (not every President comes from the Bush family) - in a secluded space where he can rest and take a break. It's presumably cheaper too - imagine the security detail for a week in San Diego's Holiday Inn! There are plenty of valid shots to take on the Messiah: healthcare, taxes, defence, you name it, he screwed it up (except for OK'ing the Bin Laden kill, which will remain his sole moment of brilliance). Take those shots and don't complain if he has caviar for breakfast! It's like him trying to get a billion or two out of corporate jet depreciation when the deficit is measured in trillions...

No, it isn't like him tring to get a few more billion out of corporations while the debt is in trillions. It is the opposite of his looting, and the contradictions in his character are all his. He could have his seclusion in accordance with his professed beliefs of sacrifice for the rest of us somewhere in Kenya or an equivalent unsanitary remote wilderness where the security required would be against the monkeys. He ought to stay there for a very long time -- taking

Biden with him to safeguard against a loony surrogate.

Although there are many things I dislike about the Messiah, the President of the most powerful country in the world should be able to go on holiday - yes, on taxpayer money if necessary (not every President comes from the Bush family) - in a secluded space where he can rest and take a break. It's presumably cheaper too - imagine the security detail for a week in San Diego's Holiday Inn! There are plenty of valid shots to take on the Messiah: healthcare, taxes, defence, you name it, he screwed it up (except for OK'ing the Bin Laden kill, which will remain his sole moment of brilliance). Take those shots and don't complain if he has caviar for breakfast! It's like him trying to get a billion or two out of corporate jet depreciation when the deficit is measured in trillions...
There's nothing wrong in identifying the contradictions of the ultra-wealthy old-money Leftist elite who condemn the wealthy and stoke class-warfare while preaching wealth redistribution and financial/physical/emotional/temporal sacrifice while having a life so sheltered from reality and exquisite in its opulence that they couldn't possibly understand what "sacrifice" or hard work or "cutting back" would mean.

The millionaire Obama who enjoys million dollar vacations while demagoging millionaires, or the climate zealot Al Gore who condemns evil light bulb practices while flying in a private jet to go to the grocery store and living in a 10k square foot mansion with 10 bathrooms and 5 solariums and an electricity bill greater than 1/2 of Los Angeles in summer, or the Catholic priests of the middle ages who condemn material things and extoll altruism while hoarding all material wealth in the face of starving destitute masses, etc, all have the same thing in common, the concept of the lord over the serf, the elite whose social/financial/intellectual/political distinction grants him all exceptions and the right to govern the brutish masses, who cannot question those exceptions or the lord's sovereign right to judge and rule in all things.

My thoughs exactly . . . he should only stay there!

It's much more than that as well. With as much as I dislike psychologizing, I think the vacationing habits of Obama vs Bush do reflect profound differences between the two. Compare Obama visiting the Leftist-elite playground and former Kennedy-haunt of Martha's Vineyard to Bush's favorite vacation spot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairie_Chapel_Ranch

A prized souvenir from the ranch is a gray Under Armour athletic shirt emblazoned with a Texas star encircled by the words The President's 100-Degree Club. In order to qualify a visitor must run 3 miles (4.8 km), or bike for 10, when the thermometer hits triple digits.[4]

When he was president, Bush used the ranch for vacations, meetings, and entertaining foreign dignitaries. In the less formal setting, dress code for meetings called for an open collar and no tie. Guests were typically treated to meals of Southwestern cuisine. When not holding meetings or briefings, Bush spent his time mountain biking, jogging, fishing, bird hunting, and clearing brush.

Bush made clear his preference for spending some time away from his official residence at the White House in Washington, DC. In 2001, he said, "I think it is so important for a president to spend some time away from Washington, in the heartland of America."

It's much more than that as well. With as much as I dislike psychologizing, I think the vacationing habits of Obama vs Bush do reflect profound differences between the two. Compare Obama visiting the Leftist-elite playground and former Kennedy-haunt of Martha's Vineyard to Bush's favorite vacation spot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairie_Chapel_Ranch

A prized souvenir from the ranch is a gray Under Armour athletic shirt emblazoned with a Texas star encircled by the words The President's 100-Degree Club. In order to qualify a visitor must run 3 miles (4.8 km), or bike for 10, when the thermometer hits triple digits.[4]

When he was president, Bush used the ranch for vacations, meetings, and entertaining foreign dignitaries. In the less formal setting, dress code for meetings called for an open collar and no tie. Guests were typically treated to meals of Southwestern cuisine. When not holding meetings or briefings, Bush spent his time mountain biking, jogging, fishing, bird hunting, and clearing brush.

Bush made clear his preference for spending some time away from his official residence at the White House in Washington, DC. In 2001, he said, "I think it is so important for a president to spend some time away from Washington, in the heartland of America."

Most of Bush's vacations were "working vacations" to be away from Washington DC in a more human environment. That is the opposite of the Obamas' luxuriating like royalty at our expense.

Most of Bush's vacations were "working vacations" to be away from Washington DC in a more human environment.

And Bush mostly "vacationed" at his own, privately-owned ranch. The same was true of the Reagans, etc..

Most of Bush's vacations were "working vacations" to be away from Washington DC in a more human environment. That is the opposite of the Obamas' luxuriating like royalty at our expense.

Indeed. The Obamas, only merely affluent prior to His Royal Nothingness' ascension to his imaginary throne, are representative of those other parasites who view themselves as oh-so-superior to "the little people" but -- owing to their quite inferior lack of talent, ambition, imagination and creativity -- find that the only way they could ever live the lifestyles of the rich-and-famous to which they view themselves as naturally entitled is by attaching themselves like mold to lifetime government "jobs" where they illegitimately assume unto themselves powers sufficient to force the serfs to pay for their Maharajah proclivities. Forever.