Mr. Thompson: ___________________

Floyd Ferris: ____________________

Simon Pritchett: __________________

Orren Boyle: ____________________

Cuffy Meigs: ____________________

Lillian Rearden: ___________________

Fred Kinnan: ___________________

State Science Institute: NASA

Robert Stadler: James Hansen, "head of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies".

I made a slight alteration and filled-in the blank.

Hansen used his position at NASA, along with the considerable scientific authority such a position gives someone in the eyes of the public, to campaign at a frenzied pace for global warming alarmism and awareness.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/tag/james-hansen/

Using a government funded organization to subvert and exploit science for the purpose of advancing statism has "State Science Institute" written all over it.

State Science Institute: NASA

Robert Stadler: James Hansen, "head of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies".

I made a slight alteration and filled-in the blank.

Hansen used his position at NASA, along with the considerable scientific authority such a position gives someone in the eyes of the public, to campaign at a frenzied pace for global warming alarmism and awareness.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/tag/james-hansen/

Using a government funded organization to subvert and exploit science for the purpose of advancing statism has "State Science Institute" written all over it.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/06/21/nasa...ide-activities/

The American Tradition Institute’s Environmental Law Center today filed a lawsuit in federal district court in the District of Columbia to force the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to release ethics records for taxpayer-funded global warming activist Dr. James Hansen, specifically records that pertain to his outside employment, revenue generation, and advocacy activities.

ATI seeks to learn whether NASA approved Hansen’s outside employment, which public financial disclosures and other documents reveal to have brought him at least $1.2 million in the past four years. This money comes on top of and, more troubling from an ethics and legal perspective, is all “related to” and sometimes even expressly for his taxpayer-funded employment, all of which outside employment commenced when Hansen stepped up his “global warming” activism from his perch at NASA.

Dr. Hansen engages in high-profile public advocacy with regard to global warming and energy policy, directly trading on his platform as a NASA astronomer to gain interest and attention. This outside employment and other activities relating to his work have included consulting, highly compensated speeches, six-figure “prizes”, a commercial book, advising Al Gore on his movie “An Inconvenient Truth” and, lately, advising litigants on suing states and the federal government.

I'm amazed he didn't get in trouble sooner. That such corrupt activity was permitted for years by the government makes his claims of Bush and the government "muzzling climate science" even more ludicrous.

He is also famous for his planned dramatic theatrics for his 1988 testimony before congress on Global warming:

TIMOTHY WIRTH: We called the Weather Bureau and found out what historically was the hottest day of the summer. Well, it was June 6th or June 9th or whatever it was. So we scheduled the hearing that day, and bingo, it was the hottest day on record in Washington, or close to it.

DEBORAH AMOS: [on camera] Did you also alter the temperature in the hearing room that day?

TIMOTHY WIRTH: What we did is that we went in the night before and opened all the windows, I will admit, right, so that the air conditioning wasn’t working inside the room. And so when the- when the hearing occurred, there was not only bliss, which is television cameras and double figures, but it was really hot.[shot of witnesses at hearing]

WIRTH: Dr. Hansen, if you’d start us off, we’d appreciate it. The wonderful Jim Hansen was wiping his brow at the table at the hearing, at the witness table, and giving this remarkable testimony.[nice shot of a sweaty Hansen]

http://www.nationalreview.com/planet-gore/...ft/chris-horner

James Taggart: any "green" CEO. Recent Yahoo and HP management (Carly Fiorina especially) also come to mind but only in terms of the "I couldn't do anything" whining. Taggart's desire to use the government for special privileges has been reflected most impressively by green companies and a few large corps.

Robert Stadler: Paul Krugman. For some reason, he is well considered due to his pre-2000s work within academic economics, although unlike Stadler he was never brilliant. Krugman is not smart or manipulative enough to be Toohey. Economics is not a science but it is so influential these days, if only as an excuse for currency debasement, that I consider Krugman's responsibility to be as important.

Wesley Mouch: Barney Frank. Need I say more?

Mr. Thompson: Obama, quite obviously. The parallels are incredibly striking. Yesterday's speech was 100% Thompson. The weak backboned head thug. Amazing.

When did Bawny Fwank ever work for a Rearden to betray? He never held a real job in private industry, even in the role of a protection racket as "his man Washington". Fwank went from graduating from Harvard right into the real thing in politics. He has always been so openly bad that he had nothing to betray.

When did Bawny Fwank ever work for a Rearden to betray? He never held a real job in private industry, even in the role of a protection racket as "his man Washington". Fwank went from graduating from Harvard right into the real thing in politics. He has always been so openly bad that he had nothing to betray.

Good point but so did most of Obama's lot. I would say any of the Goldman lot, however since the IPO Goldman has been distinctly less Midas-like so in a way it is just moving from one government department to another :)

Good point but so did most of Obama's lot. I would say any of the Goldman lot, however since the IPO Goldman has been distinctly less Midas-like so in a way it is just moving from one government department to another :)

In the world of of fascism there is no distinction. But Wesley Mouch has always stood out from the dramatic moment when Hank Rearden said he was safe because of his "man in Washington", then identified him as Mouch, who up to that point had quite a history but had not yet been connected as Rearden's "man in Washington" -- another great twist in the plot revealing the betrayal. Of course in Mouch's own head he never had anything to betray at all.

But in another sense -- also revealed in AS -- they all did, along with their kindred souls among the Obama people: they betrayed their humanity: the human gene pool we hypothesize that they came from. And in that sense it is the Mouch betrayal of Rearden that symbolizes what is happening to everyone, including the "pragmatists", who think they can count on anything from Washington.