Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ruveyn ben yosef

Hey there asthma sufferers, get a look at this!

3 posts in this topic

This is an extension of similar bans making everything from repairs to auto air conditioners to refrigerators so much more expensive. Wait until you see the extensions into breathing of the penalties on emitting CO2.

Again, this is based not on settled science but nonsense and speculation. As my refrigerator technician asked me 20 years ago, when, after he lamented the loss of freon as a far better option and I asked 'what about the ozone layer?', "Just how does that much heavier-than-air freon get up into the stratosphere?

This guy was no intellectual, but he asked a better question than Rowland & Molina did in 1974. I attended UC, Irvine and their first public presentation of their theory. Never did they bother with the question the refrigerator repairman asked. Neither knew anything about atmospheric science; they sketched out a potential chain reaction on the board, I don't even know if they tested their hypothesis in the laboratory, but the result was the banning of freon and, eventually, their receiving the Nobel Prize in Chalkboard Science.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0