Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abaco

Angry Marine

9 posts in this topic

Somebody who knows something about force appears to be angry at how it's used in his hometown. I think this is an interesting video. And, it's going viral.

I found his take on the use of force interesting. I can't tell what his stance is on corporations.

Somebody who knows something about force appears to be angry at how it's used in his hometown. I think this is an interesting video. And, it's going viral.

-- He clearly doesn't know much about the proper use of force in a civilized society.

-- Not that it's all that relevant, but the man is from Roosevelt, NY, not NYC, so this is not happening in his hometown. (Just ~30 miles away, but it may as well be on another planet.)

-- NYPD isn't looking to act tough. The men and women in blue are doing what they have to do to keep the situation under control. So far, they've done an amazing job given the coughs on them, which, BTW, is most certainly honorable.

And what about this do you find "interesting" Aboco? What part of his outburst do you find either appropriate, compelling, or truthful?

It reminds me of an essay I read in college. If I remember correctly the title of it was, "All Protesters are Ugly".

Well, JohnRgt - I agree with all your points. The cops are calm. Maybe this guy's not from NYC. And, this guy has probably never used force in a civilized society. Maybe he doesn't understand that we need force here. Perhaps he's suffereing from PSD. I don't know if any of what he says it truthful. He's defending Obama supporters (in my opinion) and I find that disgusting. If Obama tells this guy to go bomb an ophanage he'd probably do it. I don't know why the cops didn't split his head open. To me - it all looks very staged. Looks like this has gone viral and we'll soon know more about this guy than we learned about "Joe The Plumber". :D

Maybe he doesn't understand that we need force here.

Not just here, not just in response to either these protests or protests in general. We need force to counter the choice some make to initiate force, an option we all have a million times a day.

Perhaps he's suffereing from PSD.

It doesn't matter.

If Obama tells this guy to go bomb an ophanage he'd probably do it.

How did you draw that conclusion? And aren't orphanages a proper military target under certain conditions?

I don't know why the cops didn't split his head open.

Probably because that's not their job . . .

He was hostile, which is probably why at least one of the officers shown in the video had his hand on his pistol. But that's a long way for this guy getting his head split open.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0