Betsy Speicher

... a company that makes trendy yoga clothing puts "Who is John Galt" on its shopping bags.

6 posts in this topic

LuluLemon’s founder, Chip Wilson, first read Atlas Shrugged when he was eighteen years old working away from home. Only later, looking back, did he realize the impact the book’s ideology had on his quest to elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness. It is not coincidental that this is LuluLemon's company vision. Read the whole story here.

whoisjohngalt-final.jpg

Wow, shocker. I would have put a yoga company in the leftist camp. That will teach me.

I read through some of the comments. The usual suspects get it wrong. What a shocker.

One of my favorite comments is:

Very interesting post. It seems like the Rand haters are not providing any rational arguments at all, but empty assertions and personal attacks. The Rand fans seem to be offering actual ideas. I’m going to read some of Rand’s nonfiction. Thanks, Lululemon.

Comment by Kael — November 8, 2011 @ 8:33 am

Here's a piece for NPR Radio on the story.

It's great to see businessmen other than the former head of BB&T putting their philosophical foundations forward. I'll certainly be buying more from Lululemon. Their stuff is great quality.