A N Other

Citizenship

4 posts in this topic

I am "represented" in the Federal, State and Local governments by people for whom I did not and would not ever vote. Carl Levin, Debbie Stabenow and Dale kildee are all staunch "Progressives". I have pretty much decided to stop arguing with people around me; a thought I had was to direct criticism to those responsible: Obama, the afore mentioned, etc. But that seems a waste of time. I firml believe nothing I could say or do would change those people on any issue. So I suppose the issue I'm grappling with might be framed: How does one lead a rational political life in a corrupt political world? Thoughts will be appreciated.

Only share your POV with people who are open to reason, join the GOP so you can vote in primaries, don't expect to do much more with your vote than pick the lesser of two evils -- for now, anyway.

(At some point the focus will shift from who the GOP candidate will be, to that candidate versus Obama. The economy is in such a mess, and Obama's vision of both the US and the world is so different from the average American's, that he won't have an easy time of it this November -- no matter who he faces.)

If the political environment has a major impact on your happiness, you might consider moving to another state or country where your life would be more pleasant.

One more thing.

If you have the stomach for it, it's important to speak up with conviction at this time. The Left has gotten way too comfortable because (i), they're far more in synch with the dominant ethic better than the Right, (ii), they enjoy a translucent veneer of intellectual superiority. Both strengths are easy to challenge (challenge, not defeat.) Political forums or sub-forums are the easiest place to do this, as both those who you oppose and those who are sympathetic get to see someone of conviction defend liberty with rational, blunt, impassioned arguments.