Leonid

Jesus' Tax

6 posts in this topic

Virgin Mother of God rejoice! Rejoice all saints and believers! The All Christian American President Barak Hussein Obama just appointed Jesus Christ as his financial adviser. He suggested the introduction of a new tax, based on Jesus's teaching "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." ( Luke 12:48)

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/0...

Never mind that words of our Lord actually refer to a beating, that is- physical punishment. In Obama's exegesis which he apparently learned in the Indonesian Muslim school, Jesus gives him a legitimization to drain the rich dry.

Usually in American politics religion is the realm of the Republican right. Not anymore. Now Republicans and Democrats compete for who first will turn the USA into a theocracy.

And so said Barak Obama, saying: "I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, And I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

Welcome to the all Christian America in which a separation between Church and State ceased to exist. Hallelujah!

Virgin Mother of God rejoice! Rejoice all saints and believers! The All Christian American President Barak Hussein Obama just appointed Jesus Christ as his financial adviser. He suggested the introduction of a new tax, based on Jesus's teaching "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." ( Luke 12:48)

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/0...

Never mind that words of our Lord actually refer to a beating, that is- physical punishment. In Obama's exegesis which he apparently learned in the Indonesian Muslim school, Jesus gives him a legitimization to drain the rich dry.

Usually in American politics religion is the realm of the Republican right. Not anymore. Now Republicans and Democrats compete for who first will turn the USA into a theocracy.

And so said Barak Obama, saying: "I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, And I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

Welcome to the all Christian America in which a separation between Church and State ceased to exist. Hallelujah!

Question: If the Lion King is voted in, in 2012 will there be a 2016 election?

ruveyn

What hopeful audacity to conflate and package-deal* those two distinct principles!

* See also the entries under "Anti-Concepts" for more information about what package dealing seeks to accomplish.

I love my neighbor so much I want him to live as an autonomous being.

And not every religion has its version of the golden rule, unless, of course we widen the term "neighbor" to include animals, plants, weather patterns, etc.

Even the current translation " neighbor" is too wide. The original Hebrew word " raecha" means your close friend, lover or spouse.