Stephen Speicher

Seinfeld (1990)

Rate this TV show   33 votes

1. 1. Rate this TV show

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

I bleeped out the profanity ...

Thanks for the extra concern, but what we had in mind as profanity are the usual gutter and curse words of the sexual or scatological variety.

Larry David is George Costanza.  The way he portrays himself in Curb Your Enthusiasm is exactly how George Costanza would act if he were a multi-millionaire living in Southern California.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. If either of them are ever in a bad situation, they always manage to make it worse.

Except George could never be a multi-millionaire. He's at least "one transistor" short of a Larry David. George would always manage to screw up whatever success he managed to achieve.

Fred Weiss

"The down side to the show is the lack of ambition of many of the characters, especially George Costanza.  Sometimes that can be a real turn off to me."

I don't think these things should bother us though.  The show always remained purely comedic, there were never any serious moments in the sitcom, it was always meant to be approached light hearted, so I don't think the morality of the characters involved should ever be too serious of a deal.

Well, perhaps, but aesthetically it has turned me off to an episode or two. On the whole, I loved the show.

No one ever paused in the middle of The Three Stooges and went "This show disturbs me: what are the moral repercussions of Mo repeatedly poking Curly in the eye unprovoked?"

Somehow I never felt turned off by the Stooges in the same way.

KRAMER: (screaming) YES! YOU'RE D**N RIGHT YOU SHOULD! (hysterically) Fight

for her, Jerry, she's sure as h**l fighting for you!

Yes, I remember it well. :D

What was the one where he was dating a circus girl and somewhere along the line she says something to the effect "My father used to curse the elephants for all the troubles in the world." Jerry taken a bit off guard didn't know how to respond, so he nodded and said "Well, they do take up a lot of space." (I'd wondered if that was a sneaky poke at republicans, probably not!)

And don't forget the Bubble Boy, perhaps the all time funniest episode.

I starting getting into this show by the time it had already ended. Practically every re-run on TV I have seen has been entertaining. Now I'm looking for suggestions as to what seasons are worth purchasing on DVD. Newegg has some excellent prices for each season, which is ~$35. Are the first 2 seasons any good or should I purchase the later ones?

I starting getting into this show by the time it had already ended.  Practically every re-run on TV I have seen has been entertaining.  Now I'm looking for suggestions as to what seasons are worth purchasing on DVD.  Newegg has some excellent prices for each season, which is ~$35.  Are the first 2 seasons any good or should I purchase the later ones?

I would say the first 5 seasons are the best. I am not sure when Larry David left the show, maybe the 6th or 7th season, but he was the writer, creator of the hilarity of the show.