Paul's Here

The Left makes arguments like this...

12 posts in this topic

See, just for that I'm thinking we should send over a thousand copies of Atlas and have them given away right in front of the Guardian's offices.

See, just for that I'm thinking we should send over a thousand copies of Atlas and have them given away right in front of the Guardian's offices.

Great idea!

Great idea!

If someone with the connections and knowhow wants to put this together I'm in for $100.

http://www.guardian....t-ayn-rand-marx

We've won if this is all there is to OUR opponents.

The article (almost) starts off with the assertion that Rand's family is prosperous. By the time she took off, her family had been plucked more naked than a jay-bird. Her dad was stripped of home and assets in a Pipple's Revolution. (hiss boo).

Our cousins on the Left are either born blind or they put their eyes out with a pointy stick.

Fooookin' unbelievable. (pardon my French).

And we haven't won as long a so many people are sucked in by this wrong, wrong, wrong mindedness. To this day I can not figure out why so many people accept this blatant wrong-mindedness.,

ruveyn

The article (almost) starts off with the assertion that Rand's family is prosperous. By the time she took off, her family had been plucked more naked than a jay-bird. Her dad was stripped of home and assets in a Pipple's Revolution. (hiss boo).

Our cousins on the Left are either born blind or they put their eyes out with a pointy stick.

And we haven't won as long a so many people are sucked in by this wrong, wrong, wrong mindedness. To this day I can not figure out why so many people accept this blatant wrong-mindedness.,

ruveyn

You need to check your premises. When you think that people "accept" these absurd things, you assume they are thinking in the manner you do when you accept something as being true. Their minds do not go through such a process. Rand's point that reason is volitional really is true: it IS volitional. and any attempt to use reason to understand those who do not volitionally use reason is never going to understand such people. They really don't use reason. That's all there is to it. Kant claimed that the world was distorted by perception, that rose colored glasses affected what we saw. The answer is more fundamental than that. The irrationalists actually wear black glasses that allow no light to enter into their consciousness. They are not born blind; they have chosen blindness.

Who in their right mind could write something like that? Did this person even read Atlas Shrugged? I doubt it.

He tells you that himself: "Objectivism is absorbed, secondhand, by people who have never read it."

Pardon his French: The author's name is George Monbiot. Isn't that French for "Moonbat"?

And we haven't won as long a so many people are sucked in by this wrong, wrong, wrong mindedness. To this day I can not figure out why so many people accept this blatant wrong-mindedness.

They aren't so much as sucked into it as blocked by evasion. They can't acknowledge to themselves and can't allow others to see what Ayn Rand actually said. That is the purpose of the pointy-stick hysteria of falsehoods. They are anti-intellectual propagandists.

Won what battle? Bob is right that you haven't won with this kind of nonsense permeating the media. It is not honest argument, it prevents honest discussion that leads to winning an intellectual battle. The left has become increasing anti-intellectual and is now fighting a highly financed propaganda war in accordance with Alinsky hooligan tactics, increasingly exploited under government power as they gain more of it.