Mac

A Rare Nude

12 posts in this topic

This is my latest. I paint a nude rarely.

ticking_l.png

Time Is On My Side

Oils on canvas

10 x 8"

Beautiful work, Mac!

ticking_l.png

Time Is On My Side

Oils on canvas

10 x 8"

Very nice, Mac. I like the idea of putting your model against a dark background – it ensures the viewer’s eyes stay focused on her. The colouring, shading and highlights are beautiful, so is the skilful way you’ve done the clock nearby - very clever.

From your description of your (visual) ideal woman, it seems you’ve captured her perfectly in this painting, right down to your favourite feature - the sternocleidomastoid muscle! It's all there. Thank you for sharing this work. I hope you’ll treat us to some more soon.

ticking_l.png

Time Is On My Side

Oils on canvas

10 x 8"

Very nice, Mac. I like the idea of putting your model against a dark background – it ensures the viewer’s eyes stay focused on her. The colouring, shading and highlights are beautiful, so is the skilful way you’ve done the clock nearby - very clever.

From your description of your (visual) ideal woman, it seems you’ve captured her perfectly in this painting, right down to your favourite feature - the sternocleidomastoid muscle! It's all there. Thank you for sharing this work. I hope you’ll treat us to some more soon.

Thank you very much, Mary.

A better view is now posted on my site here: http://tracyfineart.com/time_is_on_my_side_l.html Here I've scrubbed in a very thin Amber Gelling Varnish (one of the ingredients used in my medium throughout the painting of it) that shows the clock as black as intended, and serves to show that the background is not black but a mixture of her skin tones with a deep blue of genuine Lapis Lazuli. It integrates the color overall, "removes" the white spot on her chin which was never there and generally shows it as best as I can photograph this dark/bright painting.

Oh, yes, I see the difference. I like the amber hue on the model; it seems to make her stand out more from the background, and her features are more delineated. The tones in her hair and the shape of her head have more definition. I marvel at the highlights and reflections in the clock face, too. I’m looking at pure glass, not paint! You’re very talented.

ticking_l.png

Time Is On My Side

Oils on canvas

10 x 8"

A better view is now posted on my site here: http://tracyfineart...._my_side_l.html Here I've scrubbed in a very thin Amber Gelling Varnish (one of the ingredients used in my medium throughout the painting of it) that shows the clock as black as intended, and serves to show that the background is not black but a mixture of her skin tones with a deep blue of genuine Lapis Lazuli. It integrates the color overall, "removes" the white spot on her chin which was never there and generally shows it as best as I can photograph this dark/bright painting.

Oh, yes, I see the difference. I like the amber hue on the model; it seems to make her stand out more from the background, and her features are more delineated. The tones in her hair and the shape of her head have more definition. I marvel at the highlights and reflections in the clock face, too. I’m looking at pure glass, not paint! You’re very talented.

ticking_l.png

Time Is On My Side

Oils on canvas

10 x 8"

A better view is now posted on my site here: http://tracyfineart...._my_side_l.html Here I've scrubbed in a very thin Amber Gelling Varnish (one of the ingredients used in my medium throughout the painting of it) that shows the clock as black as intended, and serves to show that the background is not black but a mixture of her skin tones with a deep blue of genuine Lapis Lazuli. It integrates the color overall, "removes" the white spot on her chin which was never there and generally shows it as best as I can photograph this dark/bright painting.

Thank you, Mary, for seeing the "amber hue on the model". And for seeing the clock the way I intend. Now you mention it, I see the "amber" you speak of. My apology. I was speaking in terms of my art medium. By "amber" I refer to one of the mediums I used in this painting. I.e., the mixture I dip my brush into the paint that is transferred to the canvas. I shouldn't assume one knows artist supplies and materials.

Ha! I finally get it. Time on Her Side. More accurately a Clock By Her Side.

Good picture. A very healthy looking young woman.

ruveyn

Perhaps more accurately, life is on her side.

Thank you, ruveyn, for the compliment on my painting.