Betsy Speicher

2012 Presidential Poll for April 2012

2012 Presidential Poll for April 2012   24 votes

1. 1. If the 2012 Presidential Election were being held today, who would you vote for or support?

• Newt Gingrich
    • Gary Johnson
    • Barak Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • Another candidate
    • Would not vote
  2. 2. Who would you NEVER vote for or support?

• Newt Gingrich
    • Gary Johnson
    • Barak Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
  3. 3. Who do you think will win?

• Newt Gingrich
    • Gary Johnson
    • Barak Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • Another candidate

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Looks like Santorum is out. Good riddance.

It looks like Mitt, the Plastic Mormon will be the Republican candidate. The question is: Are there enough independent voters out there who will pinch their nostrils and vote for Mitt (who is all things to all people) because they have had enough of Barak Obama.

ruveyn

It looks like Mitt, the Plastic Mormon will be the Republican candidate. The question is: Are there enough independent voters out there who will pinch their nostrils and vote for Mitt (who is all things to all people) because they have had enough of Barak Obama.

Why not? Last time they voted for Obama (a self-described "blank slate" who was all things to all people) because they had enough of George Bush.

The question is whether committed conservatives will.

I think Obama's hatred of America is so blatant that enough conservatives will hold their breathe and vote for whomever the GOP puts up -- even the spiritual father of Obamacare.

The Left, though, has taken an interesting approach: there's an effort to get third party candidates on the ballots in several key states in order to split the anti-Obama vote. I could see that working.

I think Obama's hatred of America is so blatant that enough conservatives will hold their breathe and vote for whomever the GOP puts up -- even the spiritual father of Obamacare.

The Left, though, has taken an interesting approach: there's an effort to get third party candidates on the ballots in several key states in order to split the anti-Obama vote. I could see that working.

Let us hope the Independent Voters pinch their nostrils and also vote against Obama. Without the Independent Voters voting nay, Obama will win again.

ruveyn

The question is whether committed conservatives will.

If they value their rear ends they will. If Obama wins in 2012 I am not sure there will be an election in 2016.

ruveyn

The group is telling voters, "you've got somewhere else to go," said Elliot Ackerman, Americans Elect's chief operating officer.
Americans will soon have their choice for the 2012 presidential race: Mitt Romney versus Barack Obama. But one group, Americans Elect, is determined to give voters a third choice for president. Americans Elect is out to shake up the voting process, taking nominations and votes for a third party candidate online, and promising to put a candidate on the ballot of every state come November.
The group's top declared candidate is Buddy Roemer, who at the time of writing had just under 3,200 supporters. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Tex, is listed as a draft candidate and has about double the number of supporters; Paul is currently seeking the Republican nomination for president. Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman and Bernie Sanders are also listed as draft candidates.

http://news.yahoo.co...-101947551.html

I will vote for Romney. But I'm happy I converted some money to a Roth. I just had to send a check in 5 figures to the IRS, but I managed to keep my average tax rate at 14.4%. So I'm getting positioned for higher taxes, as have already happened at the state level under our "Republican" governor.

Romney and Sneider, governor here in Michigan, are two peas in a pod. Romney will raise taxes eventually. Somebody said today that he drifts on the Right side of most of the people around him. I think he's Bill Clinton all over again, just a little right of "center" instead of left of center. If elected he'll be a two termer because he'll compromise; if the legislature pushes him a little right, he'll go. But he'll never get far from "center".